Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I am overwhelmed by my sex drive

User Profile: humorousMoon3531
humorousMoon3531 June 20th, 2021

I don’t want a relationship at the moment (I just left a toxic one) but I have a massive sex drive. I just look for hookups on grindr and it’s terrifying because it’s not safe for me to just sleep with a bunch of random guys. Fortunately I haven’t been in any dangerous situations yet and haven’t contracted any stds but i’m scared that it’s just a matter of time idk I wish i could just control myself but i can’t and the worst part is that i’m only 19 and i feel like i have no respect for myself

2
User Profile: MindRoots
MindRoots June 20th, 2021

@humorousMoon3531

Glad you have a sense that 'hookups' have dangers and risks.

Curious. May I ask, is it really about "sex drive" or is it about wanting to feel better and happier in life?

If it is truly about feeling happier, then there are effective ways to go about it. I sense you know there are risks with instant gratification and you really want something better. I hope you find your way towards a happier and healthier life. 😊

MindRoots

1 reply
User Profile: humorousMoon3531
humorousMoon3531 OP June 25th, 2021

Thanks for replying to my post! 🧡 At first it was about just feeling loved again but now I started liking the instant gratification and lack of commitment. I do want something better but it’s difficult for me to stop - I think I might be hypersexual and being attracted to men makes it so much easier for me (there are so many desperate gay men - and i’m actually attracted to some of them). I’m thinking of moving in with my parents for a month or two, but I have absolutely no friends in the area and I would probably feel even lonelier and more miserable :(

load more