Im struggling with porn addiction started when i was 11 and has been going for 7 years
I just turned 18 and have been struggling with porn since I was 11 years old. I play tennis and am trying to go pro. I have this fear or regret that porn is what's stopping me from improving in tennis. I feel like it's eating me up inside like a virus. I did some research that said porn won't affect your athletic performance directly. But still I feel guilty, so guilty. I just wanted to come here to share this. I've never said this out loud before. I just need some step-by-step help to fix this addiction. Thank you to everyone.
@ben342
Thanks for your honesty 🥰
I know it's not easy to talk about.
Its not that porn is always wrong, it's wrong when it takes over and brings people down certain rabbit holes of dark stuff or allows them falsely to think that this is what real relationships or intimacy are like.
Or when it isolates them.
Your guilt is what is holding you back not anything physical.
It has been going unchecked for a long time now and it seems impossible but any habit can be broken.
You need to try and start by limiting it daily, until you get to a point where you are barely watching it.
I'm glad you have tennis.
Physical activity and redirecting your energy somewhere else is vital. It expends energy.
Don't be too hard on yourself.
We are all human and learning .
Let yourself move forward.
Wishing you the best making your dreams of being a pro, coming true 💜💕