Let’s talk about porn addiction
Today, porn addiction is far more common than many might think. Yes, some people don’t see it as a problem. They enjoy it and don’t consider the consequences. But there are also many people who truly suffer because of it. People who want to stop. People who feel it's harming their health, their relationships, and their everyday life. And yet, this addiction is rarely talked about.
It’s still a strong taboo. When someone is addicted to porn, they’re often seen as someone who brought it on themselves, someone who "enjoys it" and "likes it too much." But is that really true?
In most cases, it’s not. Many people genuinely want to quit, but they’re too afraid to speak up. Why? Because porn addiction carries far more social stigma than many other addictions.
When someone struggling with alcoholism admits their problem and decides to make a change, they’re often met with respect, even admiration. But someone addicted to porn? They risk ridicule, judgment, and labels like “pervert” or “creep.” So instead, they stay silent. They suffer in silence. And they feel alone.
People often make jokes about porn addiction. They downplay it. But what they don’t realize is that someone on the other side might be genuinely suffering. This addiction is no less serious than any other. And anyone struggling with it deserves understanding, not shame.
So why does this addiction even happen? Often, it’s a secondary effect. People turn to porn for many reasons - sadness, loneliness, boredom, grief, depression... Behind every addiction, there’s a story. And that story is often more important than the addiction itself.
Porn addiction destroys people from the inside. It’s a silent, invisible monster. After years, you can see the toll alcohol takes on a person (on their face, their health,....). But with porn addiction, there’s nothing visible. On the outside, they may live a "normal" life. But inside, they’re suffering. They’re fighting. And they’re scared to say a word, even to hint at it.
Such people rarely find true understanding. So they stay quiet. They fight alone, in silence. But this kind of battle is incredibly hard and painful.
IF YOU ARE SOMEONE FACING THIS STRUGGLE - know that you’re not weird. You’re not broken. You’re not less. You are a human being battling something incredibly strong. Something many people don’t understand, but something that deeply affects your life.
And know this - you don’t have to fight it alone.
Yes, society still stigmatizes this topic and refuses to give it proper attention. But there are individuals who do understand. Who won’t judge you. Who will stand by you.
Don’t be afraid to talk about it. Your pain deserves attention. Your voice deserves to be heard.
You are someone fighting an addiction but that addiction does not define you.
You are not a pervert. You are wounded.
And wounds deserve healing, not shame.
@Yulianaxxp get out of my mind, please
@Conflicts if you are not going out, I have no other choice but doing what I should do, a long time ago. And unlike you I don't need letters, I'm not a coward, I'm not an attention seeker, I'm actually an attention escaper, I hate humans, I will do it. Farewell. (And don't bother yourself with responding because I won't receive it)
@Conflicts
Look, no matter how much you hate me or think bad things about me, I still worry for you as I always have. I know you don’t want help, even though you deserve it. Please try to calm down a bit first. Maybe you hate me, I get that and respect that. But if there’s at least one little good memory of me in you, then for that memory try to relax a bit. I care about you and I want you to be safe.