Curious if anyone else feels this, or if this has a name.
Hi, this feeling that I’ve been having is like, if my anxiety is uncontrollable enough to feel like it’s not a part of me. Like if someone else switched a button that caused my brain to suddenly have catastrophic thoughts, and I don’t know how or just didn’t expect it to do that. The way my mind functions sometimes just doesn’t entirely “feel like me”, as if my mind had a mind of its own. Or if my catastrophic thinking happens that fast and unexpectedly for me to not entirely feel connected to what my mind is feeling.
@MarshmallowButterfly
I have something similar i am working on ....... it is if a switch was flipped and i start thinking all the worst about a situation even when it is not that bad......I blow it up in my mind and ruins a day.
honestly i have found most is triggered by information from a certain person.... I think my overthinking and reaction is a result of me not fully trusting the person to give me the full details of a situation to evaluate correctly........ if not a person it could be the subject or some underlying feeling I have about a subject or situation.
example this person was suppose to be taking care of an item that has a deadline ....... they have a history of not paying attention to details .......... i think the deadline will pass we will have all this trouble etc when in fact it is not that serious....
Not sure if it is same as yours but i found looking at bigger picture and saw the underlying feeling angle and my distrust of a person to be probable cause of my feelings like this.
@toughTiger6481
Hm, you might be right that there could be a similarity there, and I wish you the best of luck in you understanding and working out how you think and feel.
For me, I’ve been learning more about how a movie that gave me bad distress, likely traumatized me during a time I was already struggling with increased stress and mental illness symptoms, and straining friendships due to bottling up my feelings and my boundaries being crossed for a few years by then.
I say all of this because, although there’s the similarity of thoughts running out of control, possibly from not well understood fears and implications triggering that, there’s also this disconnect I felt in myself due to getting more irritable, hateful, and untrusting than I was ever used to due to boundary crosses.
Generally, though, thank you for taking time to reply. I added more details of my story also to see if that would help you to reflect.
@MarshmallowButterfly
You are more then welcome ..I am glad it sort of made sense to you .....
I too get disconnected and irritable and my trust has faded away as well .....i get very frustrated sometimes when people do not see the chaos (I made something out to be) it is hard work to try to take a second look from another perspective sometimes.
I think it caused me some people wanting to hang out because i see the worse sometimes.
i have been asking myself about this recently and see I am not viewing items for what they are but what i made them out to be.
@toughTiger6481
Yeah, I’m starting to feel that this has more to do with mistrust, being emotionally triggered, and my relationships than I initially thought. Because I recently learned that being emotionally triggered can have more specific or unexpected symptoms than I thought.
And, yes, it can feel oddly isolating now when I’m much more sensitive than I’ve ever been. The friendships that were the most strained, and the ones I isolated myself from, were the most understanding. Family has varying levels and degrees of not understanding that I can’t avoid. And it’s difficult to validate myself and these experiences sometimes. But I at least have a close friend I still talk to.