Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Discussion 📌: What you want to do Vs what you have to do

User Profile: AReine
AReine February 2nd

How to find the clear waters between the two ways?

1000960795_1770072252.jpg

15
User Profile: RunningMachine
RunningMachine February 2nd

@AReineRose

When I was young and had piles of homework to do my parents were wise enough to know that if I didn't burn off steam then I'd be far to agitated and hyper to sit still and concentrate on homework. My evenings were filled with Judo, aikido, ballroom dancing (under duress) or just running or cycling about outside until I could sit in one place !! I'd do as much of the homework as i could before trying to sleep.

My adult life has been the same, no problem with active tasks, decorating gardening etc but anything that required sitting still wasn't remotely possible without a cycle ride or run first 😉

11 replies
User Profile: AReine
AReine OP February 4th

@RunningMachine seems that you managed that very well 

User Profile: AReine
AReine OP February 4th

@RunningMachine i think i need then your advice and on how to balance tons of exam preparations 😅??

9 replies
User Profile: RunningMachine
RunningMachine February 4th

@AReineRose

Run, walk, sing and dance... burn off some energy first, at least i couldn't focus if i didn't...

After studying I often danced and sung, my parents weren't always best pleased 😉

8 replies
User Profile: AReine
AReine OP February 4th

Thank you very much I'll try that 😃

7 replies
User Profile: RunningMachine
RunningMachine February 4th

@AReineRose

Maybe not waking your parents in the early hours singing and dancing, only found out 18 months ago that i might be ADHD 😉

6 replies
User Profile: AReine
AReine OP February 4th

Well whatatters is that you have hope amd trust yourself

5 replies
User Profile: RunningMachine
RunningMachine February 4th

@AReineRose

Thank you, I'm fine either way, if i got to 59 years old, i can keep going a few more years yet 😉

1 reply
User Profile: AReine
AReine OP February 4th

Well what can i say 😂? I just read your bio you're an athlete congratulations 🎉👏

load more
User Profile: AReine
AReine OP February 4th

What matters not whatters

2 replies
User Profile: RunningMachine
RunningMachine February 4th

@AReineRose

I read it so quick I assumed it was matters 😄

1 reply
User Profile: AReine
AReine OP February 4th

😂😂

load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: littleSea2731
littleSea2731 March 8th

@AReineRose

To my mind this is a controversial topic. 

In fact i have been thinking of how to balance my tasks with my hobbies since my childhood and haven't figured out yet. Hhhhhhhh

User Profile: littleSea2731
littleSea2731 March 8th

@AReineRose

But i think consistency is the key. 

Don't let your tasks take all of your energy. Make some time to practice hobbies so that you don't feel bored from work. 

1 reply
User Profile: AReine
AReine OP March 8th

@littleSea2731

Thank you sea for your wise words ☺️ 

load more