Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

how can I return to work knowing I have anxiety about returning?

User Profile: Princeofpeace30
Princeofpeace30 May 13th, 2023

I quit my previous job a month ago because of being overlooked for promotions and consistent turnover. What can I do before I go into my next position to avoid having a mental breakdown on my first day?

2
User Profile: Barltik2065
Barltik2065 May 15th, 2023

@Princeofpeace30

I am not like most people when it comes to such topics. But through therapy and several bad experiences on my part. Here is a conclusion you might be able to alter and mold to meet your needs.

When talking with my employer & supervisor.:
Employment is I give you 8 hours a day you give me $$$.
I will do as you ask. You want me to clean toilets. So be it.
I am not the sharpest knive in your tool chest but I am the most handy and useful tool in the chest. I can assure you that there are people who can this faster cause there is always someone smarter than me. But no one can be more dependable, consistent, and loyal to my quality then me.
What I will not tolerate is: Disrespect and Lies. I will be honest with you and my expectations are you to be honest, fair and respectful to me.
If that does happen, you now know why I have left and it will be the companies loss of a honest, hard working and dependable employee

1 reply
User Profile: PeacefulSun5009
PeacefulSun5009 May 15th, 2023

@Barltik2065

Thank you for sharing on this forum. I hear you and understand that you have your unique perspective and experiences when it comes to work and professional relationships. It's important to recognize your worth and the qualities you bring to your job. Your dedication to being dependable, consistent, and loyal is something to be proud of.

Remember that having certain standards and expectations for yourself and the treatment you receive at work is okay. Your feelings and experiences are valid, and it's important to communicate your concerns if they are not being met. Feel free to reach out if you need a listening ear.

load more