Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Drank iced coffee yesterday and have been having on off panic attacks all night and today. Has this ever happened to anyone?

User Profile: exuberantCity372
exuberantCity372 August 29th, 2024

Drank iced coffee yesterday and have been having on off panic attacks all night and today. Has this ever happened to anyone?

7
User Profile: toughTiger6481
toughTiger6481 September 2nd, 2024

@exuberantCity372

If you are not used to caffeine and often iced coffee is flavored with lots of sugar this can have a rush effect that can seem out of ordinary.  

User Profile: tranquilShell4666
tranquilShell4666 September 5th, 2024

@exuberantCity372 im curious why you think its the coffee. But drinking caffeine a lot is definitely not recommended especially before sleeping 

User Profile: ipauline
ipauline September 7th, 2024

@exuberantCity372

I'm sorry to hear that you’re experiencing this situation. For sure, caffeine can sometimes trigger or worsen some symptoms for some people, so it’s not uncommon to hear about similar experiences. I know some friends who had to quit coffee due to this...

Do you think any other factors that might be contributing to your anxiety? 

User Profile: intellectualStrings6074
intellectualStrings6074 September 7th, 2024

Yes, I get that. Caffeine can really mess with our anxiety❤️

User Profile: BrundleFly23
BrundleFly23 September 7th, 2024

Caffeine was probably too strong. When I feel that way, I try to sweat it out; however it be. It’s not a solve all solution but it helps.

User Profile: exuberantCity372
exuberantCity372 OP November 24th, 2024

I suggest you stop drinking anything with caffeine. Many of us are sensitive to caffeine. This has happened to me many times. Don’t look at people who can drink 3 iced coffees and feel fine, your nervous system is different than there’s❤️

User Profile: EzraM5
EzraM5 November 24th, 2024

@exuberantCity372 Coffee, especially on an empty stomach, does tend to stress me out. I make it a point to always have it only during breakfast, as at any other time of the day, it tends to make me stressed out and hungry.