I just need to breathe freely, I need to free myself from my
Hi everyone.
Forgive me for getting straight to the point, but it's what I need most right now... For about three weeks now, I've been dealing with comparison issues, low self-esteem, and periods of anxiety, which manifest as excessive thinking to the point of becoming overly distracted.
I've been making progress, but I still notice these feelings of deep sadness, worry, disappointment, and frustration appearing every day.
Comparing myself to others is especially killing me, as is something similar to anxiety and the constant need for control.
Today I reached the point of being fed up with myself. I did some pretty incoherent things because I find it really, really hard to make decisions. This is because I'm quite prone to prioritizing my emotions over what's perceived as "right." I don't know what's right sometimes, and I sabotage myself a lot in that regard. I'm ashamed of this because I don't dare to do anything different or challenging. That scares me; I don't feel capable. I compare myself a lot, and I want to stop. I want to be myself; just let me be.
There's something that worries me, and I don't know the specific reason, but I notice that I feel increasingly sad, inadequate, and useless. Sometimes I'm ashamed of my actions. I've even come to believe that I'm in a kind of alienation because I can't connect with my true self. I don't know what I should do or how to act, but I'm aware that I don't need answers. If I can calm down and live in the present, I can act more in accordance with my principles. However, I feel that my thoughts and feelings are a jumble that prevents me from living that way.
Finally, another thing I regret is self-harm in the past. I managed to change that bad habit, but I have the feeling that I failed at something, and that I'll never be able to overcome the mistake I made. That no matter how hard I try to improve, it will come to someone, and they'll say, "No matter how much I suffered, I never hurt myself." Please forgive my rambling, incoherent writing, but I needed someone to read it. The last thing I want is to make anyone uncomfortable by not knowing how to deal with my life. I am incredibly grateful for you taking the time to read and help all of us who need it. Thank you.
@energeticGrapes0118
You are absolutely not useless.
Never think that 🩷
It's human nature to always compare ourselves to others and think we are not capable.
But it's important to just breathe and start to trust your instincts more.
And sometimes it's scary to try something different.
But small steps is a good way to start 🩷

@energeticGrapes0118
overly distracted cause you are not spesific on your goals.
Making progress should be measureable and thus for ex. if you want to get wealthy, in my standard wealthy is at-least on the fobes list else I will consider it as poor or just okay.
Cause in my country there are several ppl in the fobes list and thus, why should I be afraid of ppl with less unless they have connection to the ppl with fobes list.
feelings of deep sadness, worry, disappointment, and frustration appearing every day.-> this happen cause you aren't making progress you want, what are the measurement?
or is your measurement not being realistic, for ex. you want to go diet but you it depends on your affordibility on how fast it could be. Plastic surgery can make it done very quickly with fat removal but if you want to do it like diet in cheaper way then it will took long time so you shouldn't compare these things cause your affordibility isn't the same.
It's like you are graduate from harvard and then some unknown university in the world that are not in the top 100 QS then expect the same things, ofc it is ridicilous. Even your HR value ppl differently not just base on your GPA but also what univesity are you from. So, it is ridicilous to expect things are the same unless you also could afford it.
Cause you can be very frustated when you can't measure yourself in a realistic and thus your expectation sometimes could be too much beyond your league.
Again, it will always be hard for you to make decision if you are not able to know or able to measure yourself and expectation, let alone know your spesific goals. you will easily be distracted and it is impossible for you to know your progress cause there is no way to how to measure it cause you ain't know your spesific goals. This is what happen with ppl who wasted their time on non-sense.
If you want to measure yourself, then you should compare yourself to ppl with the same like you, not far above you else you will feel like too small and insignificant.
It's like an employee comparing themselves to the owner of the company, it will be ridicilous but if they measure it with another same rank employee then they could feel better cause you have the same affordibility. even owner of the company didn't compare themselves to a company far beyond it else it would be very stressful and feeling very insignificant.
It is not wrong to prone to prioritizing my emotions over what's perceived as "right." but again, could you afford it?
Well, I will make it easier for you to understood. these are the steps you should take:
1. Understood your self better.
what do you really like, like, ect. (This is to know your preference)
what are you really good at, just good at or even what you are worst at? (this is for increasing your affordibility or your focus also spent things on important things)
You work in the things you really good at & if you could hire expert for things you are bad at or worse at or use your income to invest on yourself to increase your affordibility to afford but again it is very dynamic base on your situation but you got the idea.
Btw you should know, the rule of investment is, if it doesn't increase your value then it was a useless things, such as if you spent so much money, time and effort on university but then you are not getting decent job or the job market it is really bad then you are wasting your time cause you could work and get income and build career more early cause you can always go to school or university but not always able to go to work cause certain work force will see your age & tbh today ppl in work field or professional care more on expreinces then on your degree cause there is already too much ppl with degree and good GPA.
2. Once you know yourself better then you could know:
Your need & preferences.
Your affordibility.
what you should done to invest on improving your skills or just start working on whatever.
Knowing these 3 you will know basic information about yourself.
3. Then base on this basic info you could make a plan what to do and how do you will measure your progress and adjust yourself better.
4. Seek community for you to grow cause it will influence your habit, the mindset & ect.
Community is for sustainibility.
I hope this advice will be able to help you.
Btw about self harm, I said to you, there is no benefit in doing self-harm unless ofc you get paid to getting self-harm then do it but if not, why do it? not only will you get physical pain but also need to pay the bill of your physical medication.
What you want is not pain but you need to understand in these life you have to know what matters for you and what is not so much, you need to very focus and spesific. Cause every choices always have consequences, there are no such things as free, it is always a trade. If I read a book or if I write this advice then I trade my time for you for this and I actually do charity of $0.175 but since I think the benefit is more cause not only I gain reflection and personal growth but also I got my psychological need fulfill which is excitement then I think those $0.175 is worthed.
Well, everyone has the same time but not everyone time value the same this is why the more important you are, you only do things that is matters for you.
@energeticGrapes0118
Make it simple:
1. Affordibility
2. Preference
Else if you break these law then you will be suffering, in pain & struggles.
The law says once you have affordibility then you will always choosen your preference and preferences can be influences by many things.