Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I’m tired of overthinking everything

User Profile: versatilePear5431
versatilePear5431 2 days ago

I’m in a relationship that is actually making me really happy, and when I’m with him I feel calm and safe. But when I’m alone, my brain starts looking for something wrong.

I overanalyse messages, small changes, situations, his friends, compare things with my past and sometimes try to “solve” everything like a case. I know a lot of this comes from being hurt before and not wanting to miss red flags again.

I genuinely don't want to live like this or constantly search for problems when things are actually okay. I want to learn how to trust myself, tolerate uncertainty and feel calm even when I'm alone.

How do you stop your brain from constantly looking for something wrong?

2
User Profile: versatilePear5431
versatilePear5431 OP 2 days ago

I know that my boyfriend has a female friend whom he originally met on a dating app, and they’ve been friends for a long time. She is in a relationship herself and apparently talks to him about her boyfriend, so logically I know there’s nothing romantic there. He has also been transparent with me about her from day 1 . But they’ve gone for a movie together one-on-one before, and I personally don’t feel very comfortable with that. My brain keeps connecting random things and overthinking the whole situation even though I know I don’t have any actual evidence of anything. I hate how easily I go into detective mode. also i was good with this i never got any bad feeling about her as they were good frds since last year but i got that sick feeling because we made out in theatre yesterday then brain suddenly is thinking that what if he has done that with her too n all iim fed up with my brain. ik ik there's nothing wrong but i feel so sick about my brain i have already shared with him he has calmy explained too but im so badly traumaised by my past that im sick of my brain. Someone please help if u can

User Profile: AsherTree
AsherTree 2 days ago

@versatilePear5431

Most women are very territorial. Your thoughts will likely continue..

I'm unsure how territorial you are so I can't determine if it's overthinking..

I hope you find peace and solace because everybody deserves love and support..🌲