Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

It’s my birthday yesterday and only 5 people greeted me

User Profile: ylekatwp
ylekatwp August 8th, 2024

Only 5 people who remembered it, and 2 of them are my family :(( I been isolating since 2019 and I really wasn’t feeling to socialize for since pandemic and I kind of outgrown my friends and now we don’t communicate anymore. So I kinda expected them not to remember my birthday but it’s still hurts 😢

11
User Profile: AndrewJohn1504
AndrewJohn1504 August 8th, 2024

@ylekatwp

I stoped celebrating my birthdays few years ago because of the same reason I thought that I will make those days like any other day so I won't be dissapointed but the disappointment never got away.


1 reply
User Profile: ylekatwp
ylekatwp OP August 8th, 2024

I guess that’s life we just stop expecting from people and focus mainly for ourselves, I know it’s a selfish thing to do but it’s yourself you’ll ever have.

load more
User Profile: MistyViolet8
MistyViolet8 August 8th, 2024

I understand, I have been isolating too. I keep thinking that I'm a failure for only talking to my family and having only one actually good friend. But I shouldn't think I'm a failure for that. One good friend is better than 10 casual or fake friends. As long as you have a support system it's okay if your circle is small.

User Profile: calmMango9611
calmMango9611 August 8th, 2024

@ylekatwphappy-late-birthday-hbd.gif

1 reply
User Profile: ylekatwp
ylekatwp OP August 9th, 2024

Thank you!! I appreciate it ð¥¹â¤ï¸

load more
User Profile: Tinywhisper11
Tinywhisper11 August 9th, 2024

@ylekatwp awww I'm sorry sweetie 😥 of course it hurts🙁 so next year perhaps plan your own birthday treat. Like maybe a weekend away some where relaxing. Or buy a bunch of toys and have a day of fun. ❤❤

Happy birthday sweetie ❤

birthday.gif

1 reply
User Profile: ylekatwp
ylekatwp OP August 9th, 2024

Thank you!! I appreciate it ð¥¹â¤ï¸

load more
User Profile: Tinywhisper11
Tinywhisper11 August 9th, 2024

@ylekatwp I didn't know my birthday, I didn't know people celebtated birthdays. I didn't know Xmas exsisted or Halloween or any celebrations, for the first 18 years of my life. So now I'm gonna make sure I celebrate everything, but in my own way. There's endless possibilities and ways to celebrate, so please everyone don't stop celebrating, so it for yourself ❤

User Profile: Gettingbettertoday
Gettingbettertoday August 9th, 2024

@ylekatwp

The only people that remember my birthday is my wife and sister. 

User Profile: BlueDarkAurora
BlueDarkAurora August 9th, 2024

@ylekatwp understandable and it's late but Happy birthday<3 hope you get the chance to rekindle your friendships and make many more ^^ Birthdays do bring in a lot of expectations and it's okay to be disappointed when they are not met but that doesn't make you less worthy of being celebrated :) Hope the next one is just the way you want it to be! 

1 reply
User Profile: ylekatwp
ylekatwp OP August 9th, 2024

Thank you!! I appreciate it ð¥¹â¤ï¸

load more