Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Emetophobia that’s getting worse

User Profile: possumsbluebook
possumsbluebook September 22nd, 2025

Three years I’ve had this. Actually just over three years. I’m quite ashamed of it to be completely honest, but I feel like it’s necessary to talk about considering the state I’m in. It’s gotten a LOT worse. It was bad at the start, got better, and now we’re just back to the beginning. It’s to the point where a few weeks ago I couldn’t go to school, I was too fearful, but even at home it’s bad. Hygiene is harder. I sleep VERY irregularly. The thought of the next coming day frightens me. I don’t think that’s good. It’s messing with my schoolwork and grades, or at least it will, since I’m too busy panicking ALL THE TIME to pay attention. That’s really not good either.

I feel like I’ve tried it all. Distracting myself sometimes works, but nowadays it’s harder to because of emotional contamination fear. Sleeping gummies (that are just placebo effect stuff. Not real at all). I will be getting professional help IN THE FUTURE but nobody is telling me WHEN which is really frustrating, I need to know when it’ll happen because it needs to come soon. It never ends. Every single day and every single night. I don’t want to tell people I’m so afraid, because I was like this all those years ago and I’m really guilty for how I acted back then, I don’t want to be like that in any way. From people who know about this or have had it and are now better, how?? How do you get better from this??? Do you ever????

9
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 September 23rd, 2025

@possumsbluebook

🥺

I'm sorry you are struggling so much.

And on your own.

I hope professional help comes soon, so you can get the help and answers you need as you deserve to live a life where you feel safe and happy 💜💕

2 replies
User Profile: possumsbluebook
possumsbluebook OP September 24th, 2025

@Amanda84

Thank you!!! It’s gotten a little easier since I posted this, and hopefully I learn to handle it better in the future, whenever help will come 🙌
1 reply
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 September 24th, 2025

@possumsbluebook

I hope so 💜💕

load more
load more
User Profile: Botoga
Botoga September 24th, 2025

@possumsbluebook I am sorry you are going through this. I wish I could offer more - I don't have emetophobia but I do have other types of anxiety. It sounds like you are dealing with a nightmare and I wish I could say something to help. You are in my thoughts. I hope you can get help soon.

1 reply
User Profile: possumsbluebook
possumsbluebook OP September 25th, 2025

@Botoga

Thanks for your support, it means a lot! Surely it’ll be better in the future and I can get the help I need :)
load more
User Profile: CoralGrief
CoralGrief September 28th, 2025

You’re not alone. I don’t have this phobia but others that affect my sleep and health, and I know how intense and painful it can be. If you’re still at home, I feel you should tell your parents you feel you need help now, not “someday”

1 reply
User Profile: possumsbluebook
possumsbluebook OP October 4th, 2025

@CoralGrief

Thank you!!! Since I’ve posted this, I’ve been able to get professional support (a walk-in, no appointment, free thing) and it’ll only be temporary since they’re apparently shutting down next month, but I’m sure it’ll get better from here! I wish you well with your similar issues :)
load more
User Profile: koli
koli October 4th, 2025

Ohh, im really sorry! That sounds really though :/

But listen, i really believe in you and that you will find a way to cope with it!

I dont know much about emetophobia, but i can imagine how bad it must be :(

But im 100% sure it will get better. Im really sorry that those panicky anxieties exist...

You said you've got an irregualr sleep schedule... Well, maybe try fixing it a bit? Ik thats hard, but maybe give it a few tries...

Also, things that didnt work in the past... it doesnt mean that they wont work in the present! Maybe try again if u feel comfortable with it?

Im sorry i cant help the way i want to, but i fullheartedly hope that you will be okay!!! Sending you all the love and strength!!! 💪💪❤️❤️

User Profile: Priyapjw1
Priyapjw1 November 30th, 2025

@possumsbluebookI'm really sorry you're going through this—it sounds incredibly hard. Anxiety, especially when it’s intense and persistent, can feel overwhelming and isolating. The good news is that many people do get better with the right help, even if it feels impossible right now. Professional support like therapy, especially cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) or exposure therapy, can be very effective. While you wait for treatment, try to be gentle with yourself and focus on small moments—like breathing exercises, grounding techniques, or even brief activities you enjoy. Remember, healing is often gradual and not a straight path. You're not alone in this, and your feelings are valid. If you want, I can share some coping strategies that others have found helpful during tough times like these.