Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Feeling Judged because of my phobia. Share your story here! #FJB

User Profile: Laura
Laura December 10th, 2014

Who judges you? And why?

10
User Profile: affableBanana60
affableBanana60 December 12th, 2014

My friends always judge me because I'm scared of butterflies.

User Profile: Hyperartist12
Hyperartist12 December 12th, 2014

I am judged by what I eat because I am a picky eater.

1 reply
User Profile: IGuessIAmAPlatypus
IGuessIAmAPlatypus March 17th, 2016

@Hyperartist12 I know you posted this a long time ago but i just want to say that being picky is nothing to be ashamed of. A lot of adults are actually picky eaters! (I was happy to find that out). Some people just don't like some foods. Some people just don't like a lot of foods. But it's no reason to judge a person and whoever is judging you probably has some ridiculous misconception that you are picky by choice (I'm pretty sure no one is, but for some reason most non-picky people think that picky eaters do on purpose it to be difficult. I gag hard whenever mushrooms come into question. That sure isn't a choice). So I guess just know that you aren't alone in being judged. You do you. Forget haters :)

load more
User Profile: Parmetries
Parmetries December 12th, 2014

I'm agoraphobic. I'm terrified of leaving the house. My old friends who knew me before this started make assumptions, and it hurts.

User Profile: grinned
grinned April 6th, 2015

Everyone

User Profile: Emily12
Emily12 April 6th, 2015

I'm an anthrophobia..but family and friends sees me as an anti-social and being unfriendly..

User Profile: Attxcked
Attxcked April 6th, 2015

I'm terrified of needles and injections... We had to get them at school and I was bawling my eyes out... My mum thinks I'm over reacting but I seriously hate needles..

1 reply
User Profile: gen2700
gen2700 April 8th, 2015

No I totally understand you. I'm seriously so scared of them and people always say I'm over reacting but I CAN'T do it.

load more
User Profile: Mike511
Mike511 April 6th, 2015

A lot of people hate needles and injections and blood and hospitals. I think the best way to get over this is to close youreyes, breathe, and distract yourself by putting yourself in a different place (i guess like meditating).

User Profile: IGuessIAmAPlatypus
IGuessIAmAPlatypus March 17th, 2016

This thread is old so I'll add to it! :D

My boyfriend thinks I'm silly and ridiculous because I am terrified of roller coasters. He argues that it is in no way a legitimate phobia. He says there's nothing to be afraid of, but hello, that's the definition of phobia--it doesn't have to be a rational or justified fear. It's a fear that you can't control, that gives you panic attacks and all other sorts of terror, and that can completely take over your life.

My mom also thinks I'm silly for being so afraid of planes crashing. I'm a white-knuckle-grip-on-both-arm-rests-for-most-of-the-flight kind of person.