I’ve been a recluse since I was a teenager
I’m 24 and I’ve been a recluse since 16, with a few breaks in between. I got bullied in high school and ended up switching to online school in my junior year. So I was basically home constantly. After high school I started taking online classes at a community college and had a brief job as a cashier where I got a little bit of socialization, until I quit and went back to isolation. I eventually transferred to a university, lived on campus, and took in-person classes, which was all very overwhelming for me. I would have panic attacks during class. I didn’t make any friends and didn’t speak to my dorm roommate the entire year. Ever since graduating I’ve been a complete shut-in. I work online and get everything delivered so I hardly have to go outside. Going outside and socializing is very hard for me. I get overstimulated easily. I live with my boyfriend who I actually met online when I was a teenager, back when my isolation first began. He really wants me to change, which is what motivated me to get this app. So yeah, I don’t know if anyone can relate to my story but I just wanted to share.