Phobia of Geckos - now I have a dried one on my floor and can't clean it up
Hey 7cups, I have irrational fear of geckos. There is this one gecko that unfortunately took residence in my room a month ago. I left it be and hoping it will get away by itself, since there is nothing else I can do. About two weeks ago it died, since it didn't move at all from the spot it was. I tried to sweep it but it was stuck. I tried to scrape it off but it only broke its lower body. That made me nearly hyperventilated. I understand this is a irrational fear but I can't seem to get over it. It's almost a week since that last trial and the body has black spotches all over it now. I can't stand it, writing and thinking about it made me really anxious too.
I've lived on my own for 4 years now, and I don't have any friend to call over to help me anyway, I have to deal it by myself. I removed a gecko carcass a few years back, but it wasn't stuck to the floor like this one. Any idea how can I get over this fear?
@PandaBun That sounds pretty aversive to me and I don't have a gecko phobia.
With your phobia, having to deal with it on our own may be too much. If you can't get someone to help you as a favour, can you pay someone to deal with it? Maybe a child who would like to earn a bit of money or it could be a part of a bigger job like a one-time housing cleaning option.
My understanding of phobias is that they are possible to manage well by gradually going a bit beyond one's comfort zone. I'm not sure if this situation can be dealt with in a reasonable timeframe that way though.
Hopefully your floor will be clean soon!