Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What is your phobia? Share your story here.

User Profile: Laura
Laura December 10th, 2014

There are many common & uncommon phobias, what are yours?

1067
User Profile: KittycatMaya
KittycatMaya November 8th, 2017

I'm afraid of a lot of things, but earthquakes are a big one

User Profile: alientrashdotjpg
alientrashdotjpg November 8th, 2017

I don't like being stranded or trapped. I also am afraid of people giving up on me.

User Profile: Panda123382
Panda123382 November 8th, 2017

I have a phobia of being abandoned, sometimes it gets to me so much I feel light headed and want to self harm. I also have phobias off heights and being judged by people, it makes me feel sick.

User Profile: Gudesama2017
Gudesama2017 November 8th, 2017

Im a hypochondriac. Fear of being seriously ill all the damn time if I dont take my anti-ocd medication.

User Profile: ElflockCat
ElflockCat November 8th, 2017

Fear of judgements, critisism, losing my friends and loved ones, and fear of clowns, firecrackers, and thunderstorms.

User Profile: rtj630
rtj630 November 8th, 2017

I have a deep fear of failure. I am a teacher, and recently burned out. It is only the beginning of my 3rd year but the burn-out began last year when I took a job at a bad school. This year's school is a good one but one I was wholly unprepared for (a school for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder). I felt very blessed to have been given the opportunity so when I started to get symptoms of burn-out then depression and anxiety, I started to feel like an utter failure and disappointment; guilt and shame are pervasive. I had a breakdown, and have been struggling with the thought that I have failed. It sucks but I know that failure is not a bad thing. It allows growth to happen. That is what I tell my students but it is still impossibly hard to accept in my head.

User Profile: Kirstyann2012
Kirstyann2012 November 8th, 2017

My biggest fear is failure and letting people down. It terrifies me to think that I could disappoint someone close to me.

User Profile: JohnGalt442
JohnGalt442 November 8th, 2017

@Kirstyann2012

If they don

User Profile: Kirstyann2012
Kirstyann2012 November 8th, 2017

@JohnGalt442 if only! Unfortunately for me, a lot of the disappointment comes from family.

load more
load more
User Profile: happiness47peace
happiness47peace November 8th, 2017

@Kirstyann2012

I have a similar phobia. Phobia of being rejected or declined once I let somone close to me. Fear of loosing one's approval once I let them get close. It prbably stems from being horriby betrayed by everyone in my past life where I gave my all and they took advantage of this. So makes me think something is wrong with me which gives me alot of social anxiety. The only way I know how to deal with it is by keeping everyone at a distance that way I don't feel anxious because I know they can't hurt me that way because they are not close to me. Ultimately its the fear of letting someone close to me of trusting someone with that knowing they could easily hurt me. This fear has deeply rooted into my personality so much so that it controls my way of life and as of yet I do not let anyone close to I keep everyone at a distance even my parents and siblings.

User Profile: Kirstyann2012
Kirstyann2012 November 8th, 2017

@happiness47peace yes that scares me too. I have managed to let someone close to me in the past 3 years but it still terrifies me to think I can disappoint him. I just hope that when I try my hardest i am doing my best. It

load more
User Profile: Starrm14
Starrm14 November 8th, 2017

needles. Needles terrify me. i'm aenemic so the fact i can be losing blood scares me. the lat time i saw my niece get her finger pricked i passed out for 3-5 minutes.

User Profile: pawow
pawow November 8th, 2017

Most of the time my biggest fear range from being a failure to dying with tons of regrets. It's just.. agh hard to explain.. I don't want my life to passed like that, I don't want my life to end in vain. I fight and live for a greater cause, I have tons of goals and specific dream I want to achieve. But sometimes, having this kind of dreams and ideals are really draining. So I let my depression and negatives side get better grip of me.