Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What is your phobia? Share your story here.

User Profile: Laura
Laura December 10th, 2014

There are many common & uncommon phobias, what are yours?

1067
User Profile: Isolatedenigma
Isolatedenigma November 10th, 2017

I have a fear of rejection. So as a result, if I feel as though anyone is about to reject me in someway, I destroy the relationship before it gets to the point where they reject me. As a result, I live outside the city, I don't make friends anymore because it hurts too much and and it's better that I am alone so that I don't destroy anymore potential friendships.

User Profile: hypnosis
hypnosis November 11th, 2017

@Isolatedenigma I can relate

load more
User Profile: gloriousSunrise61
gloriousSunrise61 November 11th, 2017

I am terrified of the dark and being outside alone at night.

User Profile: GreatHappyTimes
GreatHappyTimes November 12th, 2017

I was attacked and raped twice in the dark and hit concrete sidewalks both times. Plus having served in the military and one of 2 that is still alive - loud bangs from thunder, back fires plus police officers telling me that I should be arrested - cause me panic attacks. I freeze grip my fists and either say nothing. Thunder fire works loud sounds pet my cat and sing/hum. Normally as much as possible do not go out alone at night or on sidewalks.

User Profile: Pedro4TheWin1992
Pedro4TheWin1992 November 16th, 2017

@GreatHappyTimes

I'm really sorry to hear this. My wish is for you to find the peace you deserve.

load more
User Profile: sensibleMaple2172
sensibleMaple2172 November 12th, 2017

I think i can

User Profile: adaptableOcean8068
adaptableOcean8068 November 12th, 2017

I have a very specific phobia. I can't stand anything related to eye injuries. Depending on how stressed I am, seeing a knife or something similar can lead me to picture an unlikely scenario that ends with eye injury. I think that's the worst because at least I can avoid it when it's in a movie. Not when it's in my head.

I'm not sure where this comes from.

User Profile: Valepeach
Valepeach November 13th, 2017

I have a fear of clowns and the dark

Imagine combining these two together

Lock me in a dark room with a clown and I'm ded

User Profile: ironcladalibi
ironcladalibi November 13th, 2017

I get anxiety attacks in the car when my stepfather is driving angrily. He screams and shouts at other drivers, and that causes me to tense up. Other times he almost hits other cars or swerves out of the way of cars (We live in a city of terrible drivers) and I instincively cover my ears and put my feet on the dash. I don't know how I developed being so anxious in these situations, when I was younger my grandpa almost drove into a car and we were really close to being killed and I was fine.

User Profile: nikki1593
nikki1593 November 30th, 2017

@ironcladalibi

that is crazy putting your life in danger like that! but as I was reading I had to comment and say that putting your feet on the dash is very unsafe. I hope and pray nothing happens to you but in a collision its one of the ways people got more hurt by their knees going into their face. Stay safe!

load more
User Profile: Rebekahwriter13
Rebekahwriter13 November 13th, 2017

I'm afraid I'm going to be alone and not finish my work.

User Profile: chiriuuu
chiriuuu November 16th, 2017

@Laura my phobia is people thinking bad about me or not liking me

User Profile: xyzabcnksjk
xyzabcnksjk November 16th, 2017

Dogs. . . i m so scared of them

User Profile: Pedro4TheWin1992
Pedro4TheWin1992 November 16th, 2017

@xyzabcnksjk

When I was a kid/teen I was really afraid of dogs, sometimes I even ran away from them (with them chasing me maybe thinking I wanted to play lol). Now it is more controlled but I don't touch dogs and I feel unconfortable and scared if a dog barks at me or is agitated (no matter the size) and without a leash.

User Profile: xyzabcnksjk
xyzabcnksjk November 16th, 2017

@Pedro4TheWin1992 i sweats n gets all panicky if i even hear a dog barking from a distant

load more
load more