Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What is your phobia? Share your story here.

User Profile: Laura
Laura December 10th, 2014

There are many common & uncommon phobias, what are yours?

1067
User Profile: joyag74
joyag74 November 20th, 2017

In case, I become poor or anything happens to me who will take care of my 12 year old

User Profile: Paige2k
Paige2k November 23rd, 2017

Im scared of closed spaces, especially when theres other people near me in that closed space. Not really sure why.

User Profile: modestHuman1338
modestHuman1338 November 23rd, 2017

Silence...... it sounds ridiculous. When silence falls, my head just gets ‘noisey

User Profile: OCDLena
OCDLena November 25th, 2017

My phobia is getting sick in public... can that even be a phobia?

User Profile: joyag74
joyag74 November 26th, 2017

I will be broke

User Profile: itsweird
itsweird November 30th, 2017

My biggest phobia is probably dying. It's not necessarily the dying part that scares me, although that is terrifying, it's really more of not wanting to hurt those that I love with my death. I wouldn't want anyone else to be sad because I'm gone. Everynight as I fall asleep I can't stop thinking about dying in my sleep.

User Profile: friendlyBlackberry9510
friendlyBlackberry9510 December 3rd, 2017

My phobia is birds i am afraid of them. Everytime i see them flapping their wings i want to rip out my intestines and claw my skin out.

User Profile: Blu420
Blu420 December 3rd, 2017

I can't stand glow in the dark things, they really scare me!

User Profile: Booklover95
Booklover95 December 4th, 2017

I have alot of phobias but my worst is to die alone, so basically never having friends..

User Profile: convivialPlum6966
convivialPlum6966 December 4th, 2017

I have quite a few fears, from grass, to fire, pain and sex, death, curbs... the list goes on believe me. But my biggest overwhelming fear is definititely letting people down/doing something wrong. I don't even know what, I just feel like I'm always close to screwing up, I don't know how else to explain it. Or why I have it.

Interestingly, and I'm not certain how true this is, but my sister told it me a few weeks ago. She learnt in school that aparently if you have a fear of something and you can't figrue out why you are afraid of that thing, it means that you have repressed the memory where you learnt that fear. In case you did not know all fears are learnt, and therefore in theory can be unlearned. But that is easier said than done, as we all know I'm sure.

Love and hugs to all peoples out there :) heart