Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What is your phobia? Share your story here.

User Profile: Laura
Laura December 10th, 2014

There are many common & uncommon phobias, what are yours?

1067
User Profile: shanl123
shanl123 April 16th, 2019

idk if this counts but i get so scared from watching horror movies, even when its not even that scary i still find it hard to sleep at night and i know im too old to feel this way but i do

User Profile: perpetualfear
perpetualfear May 13th, 2019

I have a fear of people. I behave with a mask but am always on edge. From my youngest years I was a shy child I could never really interact with people however if they interacted with me I'd be able to open up...sometimes. More often I connected with the outcasts, the rejected and exiled. I counted them friends. I couldn't trust them. Or all those around me. The most common reaction is simple twitching, biting nails and fighting the urge to run and hide. Lately it has been worse. After being trapped in Ohio in an extreme misadventure it seemed a little worse. It has been almost a year since then. When I doubt and don't trust people my fear doubles sometimes resulting in paranoia. I struggle with trust and abandonment. Yet I still need people. I mask the fear but I feel it. I mask the loneliness but it haunts me. Everyone everywhere is special. I care about them. But I fear them. Being me being all that I am is a complex mess.

User Profile: andyfalls
andyfalls May 14th, 2019

Trypanophobia - Fear of needles.

Doesn't need much explaining, I'm just really gonna cause myself health problems for how much I keep avoiding appointments.

User Profile: Rebekahwriter13
Rebekahwriter13 May 18th, 2019

three current fear

1. being thrown out on the street

2. Never being published

3. Not having a cat again

User Profile: TheHammaOnU
TheHammaOnU June 14th, 2019

I have terrible Spheksophobia (fear of wasps). So badly, in fact, that even the buzzing noises of other insects trigger my fear response until I see that it is not a wasp. This is a terrible phobia to have as a male in the current societal gender roles of the countryside that I live in.

I can handle venomous snakes. But not a simple insect? Strange.

User Profile: myaekingheart
myaekingheart June 22nd, 2019

Emetophobia. The thought of getting sick terrifies me so much, sometimes I just can't even bring myself to eat. I've always been like that, but it's gotten worse the past six or so years since developing a chronic digestive disorder.

User Profile: eternalWhisper22
eternalWhisper22 June 29th, 2019

Perhaps the fear of missing out...I get overwhelmed in the moment and it

User Profile: littleRaspberries5898
littleRaspberries5898 July 7th, 2019

I have a fear of being judged, so basically social anxiety

User Profile: sparklyseaweed
sparklyseaweed July 17th, 2019

The fear of life itself. I try to avoid it as much as possible.

User Profile: sparklyseaweed
sparklyseaweed July 17th, 2019

@sparklyseaweed

Oh man. That sounds edgy. I don't mean the fear of being alive. I'm scared of actively taking part in life. The idea of going out and doing things scare me. The idea of doing anything but staying indoors all day, tucked away in my room scares me. It might not even be a real phobia, it sure doesn't sound like one. But the anxiety is real. The anxiety doesn't go away.

load more
User Profile: MilleThomsen14
MilleThomsen14 August 6th, 2019

Okay, so I have a phobia for jewelleries. And I wanna know If Im the only out there dealing with this kind of phobia. So please, please text me. I want to hear what kind of things youve been going through, how you deal with it, etc. etc.