Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What is your phobia? Share your story here.

User Profile: Laura
Laura December 10th, 2014

There are many common & uncommon phobias, what are yours?

1067
User Profile: GreysonGreyson
GreysonGreyson August 6th, 2019

This honestly isn't at all like "fear of being alone" or "fear or people" or spiders, however, I have trypophobia which is fear of irregular patterns with clusters and small holes that are closely-packed. I thought I got rid of the fear YEARS ago (after I watched a pewdiepie video that helped me and a ton of other people with it cure it) However it just came back and everytime I think about it I can feel a shiver go down my spine and I get goosebumps and I try very desperately to get the image out of my head. It just disgusts me and makes me think it's all over my scalp and skin. ESPECIALLY when I see coral because some corals have those little clusters and it makes me itch everytime I see it frown

User Profile: Kateelizabeth1407
Kateelizabeth1407 August 9th, 2019

I have aviophobia. This is the fear of flying and flying planes. When they go overhead my heart begins to race and I listen carefully to hear what could be happening. Seeing one flying freaks me out. Having to go on planes I gat medication, not entirely sure it's working and flooding obviously doesnt work because I've had this for years and been on planes a fair few times and if anything it's worse. Any advice?

User Profile: blueCircle3513
blueCircle3513 August 9th, 2019

I have hemophobia. Fear of blood. The moment I see blood, even in the least amount, I feel like someone just poured hot water in my brain and I either black out of feel heat coming out of my ears. And the worst part is, I'm studying dentistry.

2 replies
User Profile: Dawn04
Dawn04 August 10th, 2019

@blueCircle3513 Is it possible to have a phobia of this, but only for yourself? I can't stand to watch my own blood come out when drawn for medical tests, but I was able to sit and watch a doctor take medical staples out of my husband's leg (in which some bled).

1 reply
User Profile: blueCircle3513
blueCircle3513 August 14th, 2019

@Dawn04 Yes, it is very much possible. In my case, its the opposite. I can see my own blood but not someone else's.

load more
load more
User Profile: BreeBow
BreeBow August 10th, 2019

I have a fear of loose hairs and used items (like toys, books, etc.) For both I wash my hands with scalding hot water whenever I come in contact with them

User Profile: Zulegirl
Zulegirl August 10th, 2019

I have a fear of squid and scorpions

User Profile: walkingbacktohappiness
walkingbacktohappiness August 10th, 2019

Hi my name is Nina and I got Emetophobia, I hope someone knows what im taking about...

If someone can help me out of this please text me..

I cant explain know Im sorry

I really dont know

1 reply
User Profile: MariUnknown
MariUnknown September 6th, 2019

@walkingbacktohappiness

Hey Nina, I do know what you are talking about because I also had emetophobia. I can t tell you how to get out of this, just wanna let you know that you are not alone and it does get better! Big hug!

load more
User Profile: cr1ticalfail
cr1ticalfail August 10th, 2019

i think i have panphobia - the fear of everything. i know it sounds overdramatic. i think it links to my anxiety and it's not constant, but i can imagine a reason to be scared of anything and everything. if i'm in a bad place, then everything is frightening to me. when i go outside i can always spot a million reasons to be scared. i'm not sure what i can do about this besides seek therapy, but i don't know if they'll even acknowledge it? i'm always told to rationalise but i know none of this is rational. knowing i'm irrational doesn't stop me from being afraid.

1 reply
User Profile: kindPerspective99
kindPerspective99 July 1st, 2021

I believe in the psych community it’s called GAD (generalized anxiety disorder) they’ll definitely listen to you! You should get help if you need it

load more
User Profile: ElisaBee
ElisaBee August 12th, 2019

I have submechanphobia: a terror of sunken manmade objects. (e.g. doors underwater, ships, planes, cars, bottles.)

Just to give an example of what it's like,

I was on a tube, sailing down a river, laughing with my friends in the cool shade of the trees. Underneath my friend I see something. Something big, something that looks like a car door. I scream at the top of my lungs, all reasoning gone, the happy moment just seconds ago is gone forever. I thrash and kick, flinging myself off my tube and into the river, I'm closer to the door now, I can't breathe, I can't think.

My friend drags me from the river and sits me on the bank, my head pounds and I quake with fear. I can't go back in.

User Profile: Booklover95
Booklover95 August 13th, 2019

I used to have a phobia of dogs and interactions with people. With alot of hard work I managed. Only feel slightly anxious with it.

The phobias that still remained though is failure and storms.

User Profile: TroubleChip
TroubleChip August 17th, 2019

I have a fear of walking on sand which is ammophobia. It started when I was a baby. My parents would take me down to the beach and make me walk in the sand. I would cry becuase I didn't like the sand in between my toes. When I was a kid and we would take a vacation to the beach I used to physically get sick every moening. I honestly think it is a sensory issue. Today, I have to wear sand socks in the beach becuase I still haven't gotten over this. I can be barefooted in grass and in my house and on concrete,just not sand.