What is your phobia? Share your story here.
i'm scared to death of needles, but only when they're inside my veins if it makes sense. i'm perfectly fine with piercings and tattoos. it comes from when i was hospitalized and my veins kept closing up quickly and they had to keep putting my ivs back in every 3 hours. i hate it so much now, just writing this makes me feel awful
Being alone, the dark (especially outside). I get super scared if I have go outside in the dark alone. I'm also afraid of evil spirits. I had a pretty religious upbringing, my childhood church was pretty fear mongering, so ever since I was a child I've been terrified of evil spirits, being possessed or having unclean spirits in my house or inside me.
Ever since I lost a big love of my life about 10 years ago, I have struggled with claustrophobia.
I have a severe phobia of vomit. Called emetophobia. I’ve suffered with this for as long as I can remember. I am in therapy and take meds now. But it was very very hard to get to a point where I could function and want to exist.
Oops I don’t know how but I replied to you
I also have emetephobia. And like the fear of losing control essentially. I haven't been sick since I was 4 years old and I'm almost 30. It's gotten really bad lately and I've been suffering bad panic attacks because of it. I used to have a better handle on it but now I don't.
fear of missing out, claustrophobia, the dark etc.
fear of being abandoned, dying too soon, and getting kicked out of our location. I also have a fear of the virus and a lot of things around it
I have a major fear of authority. Mostly government, but also employers and doctors. I grew up being abused and was locked in the basement or threatened with being locked up a lot. Doing any kind of paperwork, like taxes, or even applying for student aid causes major anxiety attacks
Trypanophobia I have an extreme fear of shots. I tend to dread the days leading up to a shot. My experience while getting one is hard to describe, but let's just say it's not pretty. I've fainted twice, and since that, my doctor doesn't let me get up until 10 minutes after. Thinking about getting a shot gives me the chillsss
Scared of covid, bugs and bullies.
Fear of farting loudly.
fear of empty bank account
I guess the one that shaped my life more than any other was Death and abandonment. Not mine, but fear of someone I love dying. My Mum suddenly when I was 19 and as her and Dad were separated I had to look after myself. I never had kids, or even pets for they fear they would die and I couldn't take the heartbreak. I purposely chose a guy I knew didn't want marriage or kids as in my mind I felt it would not be serious and I wouldn't get hurt it he left.