Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

i feel like i have this but i’m to scared to reach out

User Profile: arsenix
arsenix July 31st, 2021

im scared of leaving the house and hanging out with friend in general , but i want to but i just can’t , anxiety just cripples me on the inside and i don’t really know whether i’m agoraphobic in a way , i feel uncomfortable of enclosed spaces and i hate people touching me as well , and csnt socialise with my friends at all and i’m always scared of everyone . i always have a plan for everything incase something goes wrong , but if i didn’t have time to prepare i will panic . i need advice on this and i’m curious to know whether i may agoraphobic in a. sense

4
User Profile: VioletSpringGlade
VioletSpringGlade August 18th, 2021

@arsenix

Hello! You are not alone, many people have anxieties like this. It is pretty common really. It happens with some types of disorders, trauma responses and other things. Agoraphobia, anxiety, panic, trouble connecting with people, trouble trusting people. Anxieties about change (needing certainty and control), discomfort with being touched or getting too close.

There is help available. Maybe online counselling/therapy or telehealth would be helpful for you, as you can do it from the comfort of your home? Could you find out what is available in your area/country? Sometimes universities, charity or private practises offer this also.

I have anxiety disorder and a personality disorder, and it helped SO MUCH to find this out! I wish I found out years ago, but I was afraid of being honest with doctor or therapist. Now I feel able to and it is a big relief, and I have many useful strategies to be able to live a normal life. It takes practise.

I like how you reached out here and explained so well what you are going through. heart That is an important first step. Have you found more support now since you wrote here?


User Profile: juliak1968
juliak1968 April 15th, 2022

@arsenix

about 3 years I've been recovering from PTSD and going to see 2 therapists. The help was there but i didn't know where to look. I finally started to get to know myself and come to grips with a lot of anxiety (Fear). Id look at the front porch for which spindle would make a good club if I ever really needed it, It was my first time living in the city. Now because of trauma groups and veteran video therapy. You'll need to be open and trust again in order to learn to trust again If that makes sense. I want to welcome you!

Blessings, Day!~

User Profile: anxietywarrior23
anxietywarrior23 April 26th, 2022

@arsenix

it takes time to get a handle on anxiety but you are the boss

1 reply
User Profile: placidEast3168
placidEast3168 June 14th, 2022

thank you for this

load more