Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Another anxious person sharing his story and looking for support.

User Profile: Spalding13
Spalding13 August 2nd, 2018

Hi guys.
This is my first time posting here. I'd like to share my experience with anxiety with you, and I'll try to keep it brief.
I'm a student at Technical University-Sofia (Bulgaria) and I've just graduated my 3rd year of my bachellor's degree in tellecomunications. I've found the love of my life two years ago among my peers at uni, and we've been together almost 24/7 untill recently.
She started an internship at Sofia two weeks ago, and I couldn't find employment opportunities to fit my criteria for now. The problem is that I can't stay alone to wait for her till she comes back from work, because I feel tremendous anxiety and grief when she is not around, and I can't find anyone else to hang out with. I was forced to go back to my hometown to calm down after I experienced a nervous breakdown, after I realised that I couldn't cope with the fact that she's working and I don't have anyone else to talk to for now.
Long story short, I've started counselling and I'm considering antidepressants as well since I've been feeling very depressed. I have a job opportunity at my university working in an R&D department with my professor, but I don't know how things will turn out, since it's not a regular 9-5 job.
Do you think I can recover from this situation? Do you experience morning anxiety? Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

1
User Profile: calmPaul281
calmPaul281 August 2nd, 2018

Hi@Spalding13, Well done on your degree, and posting on here when you are not feeling so good.

Things must be very different for the pair of you now, leaving uni, after spending the last two years pretty much together all the time. That is going to take some adjusting to!

I can't stay alone to wait for her till she comes back from work, so what are you doing instead of just waiting? Looking for work, something positive, you now have all this time wouldn't it make sense to use it beneficially?

I feel tremendous anxiety - yeah people say this, but I am wondering if you say 'I am feeling anxious' whether that would give you a better way in to discover what it is that you are feeling anxious about? Might be something worth exploring.

I have a job opportunity at my university working in an R&D department with my professor, but I don't know how things will turn out, since it's not a regular 9-5 job. - sounds like that this might be a good distraction and to be honest I dont think any of us can see into the future so we are never too sure how things are going to work out. But ask yourself the question would this job be good for me at the present?

And I wonder if it is only normal to feel down if you are sitting around on your own waiting for her to come back from work?

You have just gained a degree, which demonstartes that you have a certain amount of intelligence and a lot of application to see a task through, I wonder how you could use the skills you have had to use to fininsh your degree to improving the situation you find yourself in now?

I hope this helps, even in a small way. I am a listener here so please feel free to connect or reply whatever you are most comfortable with.

Taks care
paul