Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Anxiety Judgement. (what is the worst you have been told....)

User Profile: politeSun
politeSun October 12th, 2017

Its so easy for people to judge and say hurtful things...

share here the worst you have been told about your anxiety :

155
User Profile: Colton2017
Colton2017 December 18th, 2017

"You're exaggerating."

User Profile: RecoveringFlower
RecoveringFlower December 18th, 2017

User Profile: sunandstars31
sunandstars31 December 20th, 2017

I was telling a former friend about my social anxiety and how I often think people don't like me, and he said "of course people don't like you, people don't like depressed people".

User Profile: dam9942
dam9942 December 21st, 2017

I ask things sometimes a lot because I get scared things won

User Profile: calosa
calosa December 21st, 2017

'you just have a weird and twisted personality' then dear old momma proceded to lie and day that several people have told her that of me.

User Profile: KuroKuuma
KuroKuuma December 21st, 2017

I've gotten told things such as :
"You're using your anxiety as a crutch to stop living a normal life!"
"You need to learn to forget about [something that made me freak out]!"
"You shouldn't be upset over that still!"

User Profile: politeSun
politeSun OP December 27th, 2017

User Profile: fictionfreak09
fictionfreak09 December 27th, 2017

Many people have a hard time understanding what those who suffer from anxiety go through. Often, remarks such as "get over it", or "you are not even trying to be happy".are common.

User Profile: PinkPearlMermaid
PinkPearlMermaid December 28th, 2017

I told my parents a few years ago that I have social anxiety & they were a lot nicer back then.

Now they're saying I have to be around people more & I reminded them that I have social anxiety & being around people all the time is really draining. They totally forgot about when I told them the first time a few years ago & acted like I had depression, not anxiety. They just don't get it, they both weren't an only child & have never worked at a call center. They didn't even try to get it.

Also, I know I've told them about hanging out with friends, but Mom doesn't remember. Just because she can't remember when I told her about hanging out with friends doesn't mean I don't have friends. Now when I tell her I hung out with a friend, it's not good enough.

User Profile: MessiJessi
MessiJessi January 12th, 2018

Being told to "just get over it". That i use my anxiety as a crutch. It's all in my head.