Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Anxiety about his bachelor party

User Profile: Pixie13
Pixie13 February 5th, 2019

I feel a bit silly even posting this but I can't seem to get it out of my head, so here I am. I have always had a bit of anxiety and tend to worry more then the average person about the people in my life that I care about most (In this case regarding my fiance). A small group of his friends are throwing him a surprise bachelor party on Feb 23rd, which really is great...I know he is going to love it, but I am worried that something bad will happen (like he wont get home safely or he will die by getting attacked or hit by a car or something) We live in the city so I know he will be coming home that night, but I have this huge fear of going to sleep and waking up in the middle of the night/morning and he isn't home. He is always very responsible when he goes out with friends, and I normally don't worry when he goes out but this time is different because this night is FOR him...so his friends will be buying him lots of pints and shots, and he will be quite drunk I'm sure...his friends love to party and he isn't quite as intense about it anymore as they are but I know in this situation he will drink more then he usually does. None of them live near us so I can't ask one of them to take him home. I don't want to worry like this...its 3 weeks away...its crazy for me to be THIS worried. I can't even go out with my friends that night to take my mind off of it because they are all busy.
I just have this massive fear that he is going to die and I don't know how to relax...I can just picture sitting at home and worrying and trying to stay awake until he gets home (or if I do manage to go out with friends, I know I will spend the whole night worrying...and then I worry if i DO go out, and I get home and he isnt home that I will worry even more)
and I cant even talk to him about it because the whole thing is a surprise.

6
User Profile: MeanderingFool
MeanderingFool February 8th, 2019

@Pixie13

Hi Pixie, congrats on your engagement. Glad that you guys have built a relationship on mutual trust. Do you know if there is going to be a designated driver for your fiance and his friends? Safety is a very valid concern.

1 reply
User Profile: Pixie13
Pixie13 OP February 8th, 2019

@MeanderingFool Thank you for responding :) No they will be using transit/cabs. We live in the city so the won't need to drive anywhere. None of them live near us however, so he will be taking the transit/cab/uber on his own at the end of the night. He has done this in the past but for some reason this time it has triggered my anxiety so badly.

1 reply
User Profile: MeanderingFool
MeanderingFool February 8th, 2019

@Pixie13 I see. Have you mentioned your concern his friends' that are planning the party?

1 reply
User Profile: Pixie13
Pixie13 OP February 8th, 2019

@MeanderingFool Not yet, but I think closer to the date I may mention to them that I do have a bit of anxiety and to just make sure they get him home safely.

1 reply
User Profile: MeanderingFool
MeanderingFool February 9th, 2019

@Pixie13 That sounds like a good plan, Pixie.

load more
load more
load more
load more