Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Anxiety after being harassed

User Profile: Borbiexoxo
Borbiexoxo March 16th, 2023

After being harassed by someone who I thought was person of respect. I am feeling scared and anxious I worry what if this person finds me. And all these other scenarios my mind is racing. Help me cope please. I want someone to let me know I’ll be ok.

12
User Profile: listeningyouout29
listeningyouout29 March 13th

Hi @Borbiexoxo, I’m really sorry that you went through something like that. It sounds especially painful and confusing when the person who hurt you was someone you trusted and respected. Anyone in that situation might feel scared, anxious, and have their mind racing with “what if” thoughts.

What you’re feeling right now is a very understandable response to what happened. When something like that occurs, our minds can go into protection mode and start imagining different scenarios, which can make the anxiety feel even stronger. You’re not weak for feeling this way.