Anxiety is at an all time high (emetophobia/eating disorder mentions)
Last night I had a really bad headache, not sure if it was a migraine or not, but it sucked either way. While I was in the shower, I started getting really really anxious about nothing (but of course, it's usually over nothing). I have severe emetophobia and I tend to get an upset stomach whenever I get anxious. Well, not too long after the anxiety started, I felt like I was going to be sick, so I ran to the bathroom and assumed the position. I don't have to do this very often. This is only the second time this has happened in the 10 years since I last got sick. Nothing happened, but I was so distraught over it that I ended up leaving work early today. I am so hungry but my anxiety won't let me eat. My mouth gets so dry and I can't swallow.
It should be noted that after the last time I was sick, I ended up developing an eating disorder. I would avoid eating too much or at all so I could keep myself from becoming sick. I don't want to go back to that. I've worked so hard to stay above 100lbs.
I'm so scared. I don't know what to do to make it better. I took a nausea pill but I'm not sure if it's working yet. I wasn't even nauseous to begin with, I just wanted to prevent it. Does anyone have any advice?
I feel you. I struggle with anxiety and emetophobia as well. I'd like to provide a couple resources for you.