Choice Anxiety
Hello everyone, of this ends up being long I'm sorry I just need to get this all out. So I just ended last year of middle school a couple weeks ago. My school ends at middle school so everyone was going off into their own direction. My school was also Catholic and you were highly encouraged to go to a Catholic highschool. Ever since 5th grade I wanted to go to this one Catholic highschool (I'll call it school A). My class went on a field trip there and I was immediately in love. 5th-8th grade was preparation to try to get into this school. I was told over and over again that it was a very hard and expensive school to get into but I never gave up. Throughout this period I also applied to financial aid and received it. My mom, even though skeptical I could get into school, supported me and my choice to apply to this school. We were also moving at this time and she wanted to make sure just in case I didn't get into School A I would still go to a great school. We eventually moved and there was a really good school in that area (I'll call it school B). I was indifferent about school B at first but after a visit and zoom open house I began to warm up to it as well. I still wanted to try to get into school A and well I got accepted. I was overjoyed but tried not to get too excited before receiving the financial aid. Eventually school A gave me a good amount of financial aid and so did a partner scholarship organization. My mom went to contact them confirming the financial aid when we learned about a policy school A had. Apparently they would subtract the money I'd get from the partner organization from the amount they gave me(Why? Your guess is as good as mine). With this new policy presented to us it was clear to me and my mom that school A was no longer on the table. I was crushed when I first found out and I struggled to tell my friends, teachers and classmate that was going to School A with me about what happened. Eventually I made peace with not going to School A and was actually happy to go to School B. School B is public so I felt I would have more forms of expression than I had previously. Fast-forward a little bit and my teacher told me I would be giving the salutatorian speech for my class. I did and in my speech I mentioned my whole process with School A and how I couldn't go there due to issues with financial aid (I didn't get specific). My mom posted the speech on her Facebook. After a little bit the speech reached someone from School A. My mom got a phone call saying they could work things out and I could be apart of the class of 2026. Now it's up to me to decide to go School A or School B. I don't know what I want to do. In my eyes they have an equal amount of pros and Cons just for different reasons. I want to go to School A but I don't know if it's because that's me talking or the people surrounding me my whole life making the decision. Any advice would be great help because right now I'm having a mental breakdown trying to figure out what's the best choice here. Thank you for reading.
@needsomehelp0709
this sounds like a hard decision. I'm sure whatever schoool you choose you'll be happy.
@needsomehelp0709 Worrying over what is the best choice can only prevent you from enjoying whatever good choice you do end up making. I agree with anxietywarrior, it sounds like you've done well in school so far and will likely continue to succeed regardless of your choice. If you choose to go to school A, you are no worse off because school B is also a good school. If you choose to go to school B, you also are no worse off at having also been accepted at school A. While you will make different friends, and learn from different teachers, and have different experiences depending on which school you attend, I believe you can find happiness from either path. I hope this helps.