Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Does anyone scare themselves/ purposefully make themselves anxious?

User Profile: nervouscat21
nervouscat21 September 10th, 2018

I have this weird thing where sometimes I obsess over things that I KNOW will freak me out and scare me. Like I almost get a kick out of making myself go into a panic attack ?? Does anyone else do that ?? And have any advice on how to resolve it? I'm staying in a room righ tnow that has no curtains and I keep imagining a figure I purposefully looked at knowing it would frighten me being there and I'm asfgjalkgfk you know. And now a door made a sound and I KNOW it's nothing but I am seriously freaking out but I know I'm doing it on purpose and just wowow

1
User Profile: Yukihiko
Yukihiko September 11th, 2018

@nervouscat21

Literally, every word you say is so relatable to me ;-;

It's totally alright, dear. That feeling is totally normal and you're not going crazy or something. I experience this too, and I believe you that you KNOW things, but you just can't help but feel that way. It's a scary experience, I'm really sorry for you to go through this, I know this is hard for you and you're not alone, dear.

How to overcome it? Well, I myself is struggling through this so I don't have the best solution. What I did to reduce the anxiety is that I try to distract myself, rather tham obsessing over my thoughts. I hope you're doing alright now <3