Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Fear that the heart will hope for something again

User Profile: DinaElwy
DinaElwy January 1st, 2020

I know I am unrealistic, and I live in dreams. As for always waiting for those who understand me and accept me as I am with all my faults and mistakes. When I feel toward someone with this feeling, I am ready to engage in a relationship, but something always happens and the events of the relationship and its memories become merely a figment of my imagination, but in reality nothing happens. This does not mean that I suffer from schizophrenia or hallucinations, but this means that when I try to achieve what I want, either this person is the opposite of what I wanted or he remains nice and lets me show my feelings in order to underestimate me or be engaged or married or in a relationship of love with another .
Now I have some feelings for my project consultant, I have known him for years but I do not know anything about his personal life. I used to think the first time I knew him he was married, but when I saw him recently, I didn't see the wedding ring with his hand. I am afraid to think about it or to make my heart meditate, especially since he did not try to encourage me, because he is kind to everyone and not to me in particular, I am afraid of thinking of someone who is not for me. In my previous experiences, every time I decided not to think of someone, I lost part of my soul. What should I really do?

1
User Profile: zaatarHoney
zaatarHoney February 9th, 2020

@DinaElwy

Your post reminded me of a slam poet I heard once. I want to link you but I also want to say (for you and anyone reading my post) that she does use profanity a couple times. The video of her piece is [ here ]. I encourage you to listen the whole way through about how she describes her relationship with anxiety, and how dating with 'her' is. I hope you find it as cathartic as I did.

Dating this guy was a really big deal and the truth is anxiety does impact our relationships with others- but we can always support ourselves, and find the support we need, to grow close to others without fear. Even with anxiety, we deserve to love and be loved. You aren't alone in this.

~ zaat