Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Feel like my life is being ruined

User Profile: xSummerx
xSummerx December 1st, 2019

My mind is constantly worrying about everything. I get panic attacks out of nowhere. It makes me afraid to go anywhere because I always think what if I get it in front of people. I love to travel and I used to do it a lot. I cant even picture myself traveling now like this which is so hard for me because its something I love. Even when Im doing something like at a concert I cant even enjoy it because I keep thinking something bad is going to happen. I have to travel somewhere by train for a event and I am freaking out. What if I get it while Im the train. Or what if while Im away something happens. I just dont want to be like this. The feeling is horrible. It feels like I die over and over again.

1
User Profile: SecretlyMe
SecretlyMe February 23rd, 2020

@xSummerx I'm sorry that you have been struggling with high levels of anxiety and frequent panic attacks. I recently was in a similar situation and I have found a few resources that have helped.

Other than 7 cups I downloaded the apps Wysa and Rootd. The first is used for general anxiety. It can be used to find daily excersises that will teach you how to reframe your thinking and provide tools for calming yourself in anxious situations. Rootd is used when you are currently having a panic attack.

I have also found that speaking to someone has really helped. That meant connecting to listeners here, opening up to my friends and family, calling crisis or noncrisis hotlines (they have numbers for both so don't dismiss the resource because you don't think it's serious enought. It's always serious enough to ask for help) and meeting with a counselor when I can afford the copay.

I've made a lot of progress and I hope to continue making progress with my anxiety. I hope you find these tips useful. I am also here if you want to keep talking about your anxiety. We can brainstorm more techniques and try to find the best one for you :)