Have a sleepover soon and all I can do is worry.
So recently, I have started going to therapy. Normally, I would bring this up with my therapist, but the sleepover is today till tomorrow and im only seeing her the day after tomorrow.
For around the past 2 weeks, due to a sequence of events plus intrusive thoughts, I became convinced that I would throw up at the orientation of my school. I managed to convince myself to calm down, and when the day actually came, I was fine.
However, the problem is when I reached home. When I reached home, I found out that my cat had thrown up, and due to that, I’ve been stressing.
Logically, I know that this is just a coincidence. But emotionally, I just can’t get myself to believe it. Every time I try to calm myself down, my brain just goes “u did that too before orientation and look what happened.”
Now, I’m scared that I’ll throw up during the sleepover. This is somewhat caused due to a Reddit post I read I think a week or so ago? Where the OP warns people that have phlegm in their throat to go and see a doctor, as they ended up throwing up blood.
and guess who somewhat recently got a bunch of phlegm in their throat? Me.
This has caused me to worry that I might throw up blood during the sleepover. I’ve already decided to eat as little as possible, to minimise stress, but every time I try to calm myself down, my brain just immediately goes to the “u did this for orientation too and look where that got u” place.
Plus, for some reason, this fear feels different. It feels more real. I’m really worried about this aghhhhh.
And I can’t even cancel as we planned this a week ago and it’s already the day ITSELF. And we’re all so excited and it would massively suck if I just canceled on them, so I need to go. But I’m so so worried!! 😭
Sorry for the long post. But I do kinda need help on this..
@Silentlywishing Hello !
First of all, thank you for sharing ❤️
I'm very sorry for this situation and I hope you will feel better soon. The probability that you vomit blood is very very low, it's gonna be ok :)
Congratulations for starting therapy by the way ! I know that some therapists allow their patients to send a text or a mail to them when needed, maybe it could be helpful to ask them about it.
Maybe avoiding Reddit and other possibly trigerring spaces might be a good idea in the future.
Feel free to send me a message if you would like to chat more about this. I'll reply as soon as possible ! Also I can share with you some ressources that can help some people to lower their anxiety.
Take care !
Thank you for your answer! :D I appreciate it a lot!
Everything went well at the sleepover!! We had tons of fun, and I worried for nothing as usual 😭
@Silentlywishing You're welcome !! I'm so happy it went well and you had fun 😁💛
Take care !