Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hi I’m new and feeling very anxious about my new job

User Profile: Laurenellen03
Laurenellen03 January 16th, 2021

I’m Lauren I’m very new to this but I really needed some sort of help and so here I am. I’m 18 and I have just got a job as a dental nurse apprenticeship which I start in two weeks and it’s full time with 2 days off, however this is my first proper job and I am really anxious about going from doing practically nothing to full time hours, I know this is normal to worry about a new job but I can’t help but let my worries take over my whole days, every time I try to feel better about it saying it’s normal and you will be fine and it won’t matter in a few months the anxiety just comes straight back and I find myself counting down the days till I start and getting more and more nervous about it. I’m a very introverted person I always have been and I find it very hard to get out of my introverted ways. This also makes me feel more anxious as I then worry about not fitting in and being an outcast.

3
User Profile: whitttem
whitttem January 16th, 2021

Hi Lauren, congratulations on the new job! I can certainly relate to your situation if you’d like to chat with me further 😊

1 reply
User Profile: Laurenellen03
Laurenellen03 OP January 16th, 2021

Hi, I would love to!

load more
User Profile: easyDrum1965
easyDrum1965 January 23rd, 2021

@Laurenellen03

Hi Lauren,

I've been where you are now. Anticipatory anxiety is a very common thing, especially knowing there's someplace, and something yet to be that is - for now - all new to you. As was my experience, you will find that the more familiar you become with your new job and surroundings, the more comfortable you will be.And along with that comfort, you will find and feel the reassurance that you can and are doing this, and doing this so very well. All the best to you!