Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How to cope up with the desire to live in USA and not able to in reality

User Profile: decisiveOak6368
decisiveOak6368 December 12th, 2021

I have discovered about myself that I had always wanted to settle in a foreign land like USA, Canada, London but I guess I was too late in realizing that. We( myself n my husband) got an opportunity to settle in London but I said no to it because of my ignorance and other external factors, but for the last 4 years I'm dreading about that one decision that I made on that day to not go abroad. Since then for the past 4 years I have been trying to convince my husband to try for opportunities abroad but now he doesn't want to even try. And I can't opt for abroad from my side individually and travel alone or ask him to join me. But knowing this factor that I will never be able to go abroad is eating me.i keep seeing videos of people managing houses abroad and yearn daily to be there. I need help to deal with this feeling. And talking to my husband or parents or any relative is not helpful, I tried. Please help.

7
User Profile: Wencanan
Wencanan December 12th, 2021

Moving there may not be an option in the immediate future but you can always save up and plan a vacation to see popular travel destinations. Personally I like staying close to home and exploring in my down time. One of my wish list destinations is Long Beach, Florida. Another is Alaska to see the northern lights. I’m also a fan of London but haven’t made any destination plans there yet. So far I’ve just done driving travel, nothing on the airplane yet, but I can say that I’ve hiked mountains and been to one of the best amusement parks available as well as out of state just to see a solar eclipse. My last travel was a simple 2 hour drive to the capital to enjoy the holiday decorations on their main street canal and grab dinner.

I’d definitely suggest these mini vacations as well. Where you live may have more to offer than you think. Then save up for the broader travels.

User Profile: decisiveOak6368
decisiveOak6368 OP December 13th, 2021

Thank u for taking time and writing up! What u wrote seems interesting. But that is not my case altogether. It's way far from what is understood. I wish to move out for 2 main reasons- one is I really love what I seein the videos taken abroad, it makes me want to experience them. The other is I really want to escape from some people from where I currently stay as they are toxic and negative and the only way to keep sane is move far away from them where I get to meet them only once a year or two (they are toxic relatives)! As staying in the same place as them requires to visit them often which I don't want to.

1 reply
User Profile: Wencanan
Wencanan December 13th, 2021

Sorry to hear that. Your situation sounds tough. It’s too bad your husband isn’t willing to move. I hope you can find a way to deal with the toxic relatives soon. Good luck in the future. Wishing you all the best!

load more
User Profile: Bethwin
Bethwin December 13th, 2021

I had a similar dream, lived it, only to find out home is truly where the heart is and where you can belong. Social media can be an exaggeration without the true hardship of living in a foreign country. How has focusing on this past dream affected the value of the life you have built currently? Do you feeling you are passing on what's real for what may not be a reality?

User Profile: decisiveOak6368
decisiveOak6368 OP December 16th, 2021

Yes I feel I'm passing on the current duties and activities for something that I don't have in hand. It's affecting my day to day routine. I even find myself postponing things to do when we travel abroad.

User Profile: PinkBunny13
PinkBunny13 December 19th, 2021

Hello sometimes I feel the same way. Living in a toxic environment is really draining, but keep in mind moving doesn't necessarily solve all your issues. Sometimes things look better in TV & social media, but I can promise you there are probably toxic ppl in most places no matter how nice it is. The USA is experiencing bad inflation, rising homelessness but you will never see that openly posted. I'm not sure where your coming from but life can be stressful in these places as well in my opinion.

User Profile: Spiritualhealerofsouls
Spiritualhealerofsouls December 19th, 2021

@decisiveOak6368


Hello,

Try to understand the obstacles in settling abroad along with the benefits. Try not to compare yourself to others and your experience/life path can never be same as somebody else. This is life as we have to constantly figure out how to survive. I hope the best for you! Take care.