Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I had the courage to return to a nightclub after 7-8 months.

User Profile: okeyyyy
okeyyyy January 28th, 2018

Yesterday I went to a nightclub after 7 or 8 months. My main goal was to enjoy the music and enjoy watching others and dance, and talk to no one. The only thing I talk was to one guys of the stuff to ask him were was the bathroom... lol... So yes I am hella afraid of women, especially when they dress all sexy and all they do is tease. So I know that I have my limits, and I know that my confidence levels are very low, and also my self-stem. Just being able to be in the nightclub was enough for me to be at my limit. So it was way better than staying at home with the internet passing time alone. Yes I was alone in the nightclub, but I was surrounded by people, which it was best. At the beggining it was fun, I danced, etc. Then the nightclub got more and more crowded so instead of dancing I was just dodging people. Its interesting how my problems might seam insignificant to others. So my main goal is 1. Stop being so much in my thoughts, try to be more present in the moment. 2 change my daily routine, so I dont get ultra boring 3 go out more, and at least every day do one activity which involves talking to people. 4 try to judge less and observe more. 5 try to relax

2
User Profile: Darkseed
Darkseed December 11th, 2018

@okeyyyy

It seems through the months, you have achieved this goal. Congratulations. I'm a shut-in compared to you Basically, I just go to work and go home. Like you, I don't see a lot of value in dodging other people. Yet, you have to give yourself credit for self-esteem. If you are out there dancing among other people, you felt confident enough in yourself to do that. That takes a lot of confidence in itself.

User Profile: okeyyyy
okeyyyy OP December 12th, 2018

Well these past 2 weeks i had been addicted again to computer games staying at home most of the time :( Since I dont work I have time to do things, but the question is how I use my time, I do think about a lot of things I should be doing and write them down , but many times I dont do them, the things I think about doing in the future.

Well to be honest, I was lonely and depressed and super anxious, trying to put my energies into feeling ok. To someone like me the nightclub its more like a nightmareclub... lol

If you work, that could burn out most of your energies, and for some people like us being sociable can be a drag.

load more