Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I just want to stay in bed!

User Profile: BradleyK
BradleyK November 16th, 2019

I have things I need to get done. My husband has been extremely supporting in my recovery after a breakdown two months ago. I feel I owe it to him to try and get some of the projects off our list. I may not get much done, but one project is better than none. I think this post was mostly to myself to get motivated. Thanks all!

10
User Profile: ReadBooksDrinkTea
ReadBooksDrinkTea November 16th, 2019

@BradleyK Absolutely. Tomorrow is another day. If all you can do is one project today or even one task today or even just get out of bed, that's something.

User Profile: lilylove5
lilylove5 November 17th, 2019

My dad texted me last weekend and said he would pay me 15 an hour to get out of bed and go hang out with my friends, and I stayed in bed. He was being serious but also funny, yet the sum of money couldnt beat the anxiety I felt. The thought of going out makes me sick. I always feel like crying and get panic attacks even thinking about social situations. I have no motivation for it anymore.

1 reply
User Profile: Tothemoon10
Tothemoon10 November 17th, 2019

@lilylove5 I have no friends so you should get out of bed for everyone else that doesnt have any

1 reply
User Profile: BradleyK
BradleyK OP November 17th, 2019

@Tothemoon10 I'll be your friend if you'd like. BTW-I got out of bed. I accomplished very little, but I did get somethings done. I even made a pot of soup, went to the store for groceries, and then made a good dinner. The whole time inside I was trembling, but I did it! Thanks!

1 reply
User Profile: Eos83
Eos83 December 13th, 2019

@BradleyK. You did really well and I hope it made you feel.a bit better

load more
load more
User Profile: GretasRebel
GretasRebel November 18th, 2019

@lilylove5 Meny doesn't magically solve anxiety. I used to be bed ridden and not being able to do anthng at all. I was barely alive. Today I'm getting up at dawn, making breakfast, exercising, going to work, reading a new book every week, volunteering and socializing all the thing I never thought I'd get to. We bounce up when we feel hope, just a tiny spark of hope is enough. I wish you the ultimate best, you deserve it.

1 reply
User Profile: GretasRebel
GretasRebel November 18th, 2019

@GretasRebel *Money

load more
load more
User Profile: BradleyK
BradleyK OP November 18th, 2019

I thought today would be a safe day to do my marketing. It's crazy crowded. I've been down all weekend. When this is over, I'm going back to bed!

User Profile: Anxiouslylooking
Anxiouslylooking December 8th, 2019

When I do get out of bed, I usually only migrate to the couch. So I'm not sure if that is much better. Its is very rare for me to miss being around friends. But I truly enjoy just being at home by myself. I can't understand what is so wrong with that. I'm not depressed I just love my bed and my house. Is that wrong?

1 reply
User Profile: BradleyK
BradleyK OP December 8th, 2019

@Anxiouslylooking I suffer from anxiety, depression, and panic attacks. I'm learning to take a day away from the internet once a week, and allow myself a full day in bed, and I'm learning to sleep in. None of this comes easy to me.

load more