Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Imposter syndrome due to my anxiety

User Profile: Curlygirl1
Curlygirl1 October 9th, 2022

Does anyone else feel abit like an imposter sometimes? like they are putting on a front due to their anxiety and then feel abit like a fake 🙈

12
User Profile: fruityPond7887
fruityPond7887 October 10th, 2022

@Curlygirl1 Yes! Imposter syndrome is so real and you're not alone! More people struggle with this than you realize and we all just fake it until we make it! No one really knows what they're doing hehe <3 All the best! You got this! ❤️

you-got-this-girl-you-have-her.gif

User Profile: SukoLovesHito133
SukoLovesHito133 October 10th, 2022

@Curlygirl1


A lot of people struggle with this. If you need, you can always send me a message, and we can talk about it. 💜

User Profile: endlessluv
endlessluv October 10th, 2022

@Curlygirl1

Thanks for opening up. Everyone has a bit of imposter inside them. Even great personalities have got imposter syndrome and still they succeeded. I am sure that you too will find a way to get over this.

User Profile: Journey144
Journey144 October 11th, 2022

Hi @Curlygirl1 . You've highlighted a really important question. I'm sorry that you experience those frustrating realities of "wearing the mask" in order to conceal the true anxieties faces.

You are not alone, beloved.

It's quite overwhelming, especially when the core cause is related to family/friends' perceptions, based on some values of accomplishment that we feel Must be achieved.

You sound like a really caring person, with so much resilience inside. I am confident in your strength and wisdom in your growth process. ☺️ May I ask, what are the causes for the imposter suit that you must put on?


4 replies
User Profile: Curlygirl1
Curlygirl1 OP October 11th, 2022

Thanks for the lovely responses ❤

I have reached what I call a "weird" part of my anxiety journey, i think. I spent years putting on different masks for different people in my life and I have slowly retired alot of my different masks. A thing I'm pretty proud off ( Im shit at self praise 🙈) with this I have been getting to know my true self, what is truly me or what are the parts that I have changed or faked to hide my anxiety 😅


looking at going permanent "maskless" (metaphorical speaking) in the near future if possible.


[This probably makes no sense to others so apologies 🤣]

3 replies
User Profile: Journey144
Journey144 October 12th, 2022

@Curlygirl1 Wow, that is powerful in such a positive way. 👏🏼 I am very happy to hear that you've been able to retire some of those masks and getting to know your true self. I'm equally proud of you and celebrating your accomplishments. I can imagine that the process has been difficult, but you are so determined and focused. I wish you all the best and truly appreciate your willingness to share. Stay well 💕

User Profile: HealingTalk
HealingTalk October 12th, 2022

@Curlygirl1

Congratulations!

That must have been a lot of hard work on yourself.

The results are hugely valuable and healing.

You absolutely must be very proud of yourself.

True Reality is weird. Masks are simpler than real people.

Abstract things are perfect.

We are not perfect because we are real.

Embracing our human imperfections, while getting rid of shiny masks, is true wisdom and freedom.

User Profile: fruityPond7887
fruityPond7887 October 14th, 2022

@Curlygirl1 It makes total sense! Be who you truly are and if people don't like it, then you don't need to have them in your life anyway! You're amazing just the way you are!!

load more
load more
User Profile: ambitioushope1234
ambitioushope1234 October 12th, 2022

@Curlygirl1 yes i do

User Profile: majesticOasis81
majesticOasis81 November 10th, 2022

Hi @Curlygirl1!Dealing with imposter syndrome can feel mentally and emotionally exhausting. Counseling can also provide you with the necessary tools to break the cycle of imposter-like thinking and help you manage distressing emotions brought on by imposter syndrome.Nevertheless, there are many ways to help you cope with and diminish imposter feelings, including self-help tools, psychotherapy, and reaching out to your support systems. Even though modifying ingrained beliefs and long-standing behaviors can take time, this process can help you break free from negative patterns and encourage you to believe in yourself.

User Profile: Kindlettering
Kindlettering November 11th, 2022

Me