Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Is it normal to need adrenaline in order to finish a task?

User Profile: excitableSun85
excitableSun85 August 16th, 2022

I hate reddit and quora!!! I've been waiting for hours to get an answer, but everytime i post it they hide it bc it sounds like im asking for a diagnosis which im not!! can ya'll please help??

Is it normal to need constant adrenaline/stimulation (deadline stress, excitement) to finish something or else u'll zone out? BC most people in college don't seem to have an issue with this and they submit everything/study faster than me! :(

2
User Profile: purpleCherry8143
purpleCherry8143 August 16th, 2022

I’m not sure really, I deal with the same thing of not being able to do stuff until there’s a sense of urgency. Of course I can’t diagnose you here but have you looked into ADHD? It’s common for those with It. You could also bring it up with your doctor!

1 reply
User Profile: excitableSun85
excitableSun85 OP September 2nd, 2022

@purpleCherry8143

Yeah, I have but I feel like most neurotypicals are like this as well. Also I can force my focus and I don't feel like I have a short enough attention span + working memory to have it. + I scored very high on an autism test & I'm freaking out. Still think I'm neurotypical tho and whether I am or not I'm scared of my psychiatrist misdiagnosing me bc I heard that happen with most ppl. Also ppl on quora finally responded. the most upvoted answer is some1 who wrote adhd so yeah internal screaming here lol. Others said things like being addicted to adrenaline or procrastinating bc of fear. They don't get it, my brain IS wired on stimulation to a high degree. Like i can focus on boring tasks related to sm i find interesting but usually Im VERY slow and everyone finishes ahead of me, and if the task is math then focus is impossible 😂😂😂

PS: sorry for late reply I forgot tht i wrote here. (my long term memory is worse than my short one lol) Also thanx for writing!

load more