I wish I could just let go of my thoughts of the past and move on.
The only way I move on from one worry nowadays is by worrying about another thing. I overthink and go through this downward spiral thinking that what happened in the past can come back to haunt me and ruin my life, when in reality I honestly probably don't have much to worry about. I wish I could just stop thinking about the past and just worry about other things like my class that I'm taking right now or just enjoy the time I have with my family and friends rn. But instead my thoughts keep me distracted and worried about my future and anxious about the past. I know I can change my actions moving forward so I have less regrets, but how can I stop pondering on the past and just move on? It's hard to be motivated to try new things and to get out of that downward spiral once it begins. I just want to know how you guys get motivated to stop your anxiety and what methods help you stay distracted but also move on.
@lookingforpeace987 , You being aware of your train of thoughts and observing how it dips , curves , changes ......... This awareness you have is actually the first step to observing how your thought pattern goes and that is really good. When you are aware, you can re train yourself to change/ not to react to these thought patterns. The mindfulness lessons in 7 cups are helpful . Meanwhile , go about your daily routine and slowly allow yourself to be present and participate in the going ons in your present life..like your class .. time spent with your family....exercising... .