Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My anxiety it’s getting worse and I don’t like it

User Profile: darim26
darim26 August 16th, 2021

Hi, I’m Dari and Im 19 years old. I thought having anxiety it was normal but it’s getting worse now. I can’t sleep, and my mind it’s going into dark places and I want help :(

3
User Profile: shelbyk08
shelbyk08 August 16th, 2021

@darim26
Hi Dari! Anxiety is tough and can be hard. One thing you should know is it gets worse before it gets better. It will be hard but it does get better eventually though it may take some time. I'm sorry it's getting worse; it's going to happen. Not to make you worried or anything. Just stay confident and use coping skills and you should be fine! If you ever need to talk to someone we have a lot of listeners who are willing to listen and support you on anything! I hope things get better soon!

-Ayla B.

User Profile: tidyTalker6031
tidyTalker6031 August 16th, 2021

Sorry to hear you are going to a lot. My first go to suggestion would to seek professional help from a therapist or counselor. I can not press on it as I am not aware of your situation. Other option is to connect to people. Doesn’t have to be a close friend or a supportive friend. Even someone decent enough with whom you can talk about other stuff. There is immense power in just simple human communication that we tend to neglect. It is okay if the first person you knock is busy, turn to another person.


Last but most importantly express your emotions whether on a journal or even on a blog or even on a word document. Venting out let the emotions flow than to confine them. It makes it easier to let go of emotion. I often talk to my anxious mind by looking at the situation and listing logical way to assess the situation. It is hard work but hope you find comfort.


In case of panic attack, safely lie down on floor and spread out arm and legs like an X. Then slow breathing calms down mind.


Hope it was helpful in some way.

User Profile: cheerfulFriend4428
cheerfulFriend4428 August 17th, 2021

@darim26 Hello Dari! I'm sorry that you are feeling like this and it must be very hard for you, anxiety is a tricky thing. I just want you to know that you can reach out to me anyday, anytime, i am here to listen to you and to help you go through this. My chats are always open :)