My boyfriend wants me to hang out with his friends from college and their friends.
Don't get me wrong, I do not dislike them. I am actually happy we will have people to get along with on the trip, but that group in specific has caused so much drama in my life, and has given me back so little, that especially the desi crowd, has left a bitter taste in sunken cost fallacy for me.
My boyfriend likes me, so assumes all desi people are like me, and I wish I could just somehow make him go through a reel of my memories growing up so that he stops being so optimistic about people.
At the same time, he is so much cooler than all the desi friends he hangs out with. I know its just a trip , and I will be back home in a month, but maybe I am allergic to the drama that group tends to create? just the desi crowd, the non desi- brown people are cool in my books. They seem to have priorities beyond masturbating to me.
@funnyWriter805 obviously i dont hate their friends. I dont even know them, over the years I always give them a benefit of doubt, cause they are not evil, per se.
But they tend to be so dramatic, and I dont have energy anymore to handle their broken brains.
@funnyWriter805 and those people are always coming up as successful, and sometimes they could be, but most of the time, they are just posturing to be loved and accepted and never are. I dont care where you are at life, but then they judge me too, and cant ever be happy with whatever i do, so they annoy me, its toxic. Lucky for my boyfriend, he faces none of those issues. That maybe cause in their lives he is the most rewarding friendship they ever had and once the drama ends, they need him back to lean on.
I am hated, cause i dont provide value. In my defense, I don't provide value to people who don't like me.
@funnyWriter805 the thing about them is that , they are obsessed with drinking the cool aid, and less providing value to themselves or others in their lives. Its more posturing , less respect. I don't judge, but they also tend to gossip and are the most shittalking creatures on the planet. I literally think no one passes their barometer of whats acceptable, and thats okay, cause standards are your own. But, then I should be allowed to judge them too, and that horrifies them.
@funnyWriter805 then again, i try to let my past experiences not affect my opinion on them, cause i am expecting them to evolve and grow up. They are not evil for the most part.
@funnyWriter805 i barely meet them so there is no point picking fights with them, and I just shut up and go away if I sense drama from them brewing anywhere.
@funnyWriter805 to be fair alot of them are mentally ill, like diagnosed in real life. So, its not just my perception of them.
@funnyWriter805 and his female friends who are desi, always mooched money from me during parties for drugs, cigarettes and alcohol and sometimes for staying with me when their dorm kicked them out.
@funnyWriter805 I dont know, I expected if they used me so much they would have a more preferable opinion of me by now, but I am still not cool in their books. Hasn't happened yet. Their sisters and dads, and moms think I am cool though, and their friends think I am cool though, so maybe they just have a worldview that runs on that, and I should just avoid them.