Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

New to Anxiety and Don't know how to handle it

User Profile: lovepanda27
lovepanda27 October 22nd, 2020

This is my first time dealing with having so much anxiousness I don't know how to handle it. I feel this constant tightness in my heart. I feel like I can only feel sadness, constant worry about what's going to happen to me, and stress in my chest, and I feel like I can't feel genuine happiness anymore and that's really scary. I feel like when I tell someone how I feel I just make them worry and I don't want to do that to them. I already know how much they stress over how I'm doing I'd rather not stress them out even more. I don't know how to handle all this

9
User Profile: inventiveWatermelon2763
inventiveWatermelon2763 October 22nd, 2020

@lovepanda27 I completely understand this. I have never been one that deals with anxiety constantly but I got into a relationship and some things have happened that caused me not to trust him. Now whenever I am away from him my anxiety is at an all time high. If he doesn't call or text me I get depressed. When we do talk my anxiety disappears instantly. I hate how my happiness depends on that one person. I know this is unhealthy and I want to leave the relationship but I'm terrified that me leaving would do more harm than good. Especially if when I don't have any contact with him I feel like I'm dying. I can't even imagine if we broke up and I never spoke to him again.

1 reply
User Profile: lovepanda27
lovepanda27 OP January 22nd, 2021

@inventiveWatermelon2763 I understand how you feel, honestly thank you for sharing what you are going through, I hear you. I just got into a relationship as well and I am also afraid of becoming so close and feeling dependent on someone that I feel like I personally am not strong enough to recover or live my life without them there. It's a scary feeling. I hope that things have gotten better for you since, and I hope you are doing well :)

load more
User Profile: charmingDime6612
charmingDime6612 October 23rd, 2020

@lovepanda27

Do you know what made your anxiety start? If we can remove source of anxiety? Or solve problem causing anxiety? I think that you should not have stress about talking to your friends about your stress. Do they act in a way that makes you think they do not want to talk about your life? I can feel like this sometimes. It is hard to remember that friends love you when you are anxious.

1 reply
User Profile: lovepanda27
lovepanda27 OP January 22nd, 2021

@charmingDime6612

I recently just moved out and am living on my own for the first time, so I think it's been a mix of loneliness, the pandemic, and the stress of other things going on in my life that has caused me to feel so anxious. Me and my friends rarely talk, and that's the relationship we've always had since we graduated highschool. I've rarely been emotionally vulnerable with them. I've always been the one who listens and they don't ask about what's going on with me since it's kinda always been like that, so I've have always kept a certain distance with them about my emotions. I hear you, I never think about the support there is, it's just hard to reach out.

Thank you for reaching out and helping me :)

load more
User Profile: jordanc0856
jordanc0856 October 24th, 2020

@lovepanda27 I'm new to anxiety too. It's so frustrating because of how new it is and how few tools we know right now on how to deal with it. It's okay to have these feelings. There are many people here that are going through the same thing, like me. Please know that we are all here for each other, so use the resources on this site and use all the support that people offer. We are all here for each other. Once, I realized this, I started to feel better. I'm not there yet, but it's definitely a good start!

1 reply
User Profile: lovepanda27
lovepanda27 OP January 22nd, 2021

@jordanc0856 thank you, I really appreciate your message. It makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only one feeling like this. I am happy you reached out :)

load more
User Profile: selfconfidentPine1052
selfconfidentPine1052 October 24th, 2020

Hello, I'm new here. Anxiety is new to me. I started a new job and they are very nitpicky. Now I'm feeling shaky, my heart pounds and I forget things.
Anyone have suggestions or advice?
Thanks

1 reply
User Profile: lovepanda27
lovepanda27 OP January 22nd, 2021

@selfconfidentPine1052 new jobs are always overwhelming and stressful in the beginning! I don't know you personally, but try not to be so hard on yourself throughout the process and know that you are doing a good job and doing your best. Know that you have the right to say no when you are uncomfortable and reach out for help if you are ever unsure of what to do. Take things slow! You're probably well into your job at this point so I hope everything is going well :)

load more