Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

One thing I'm anxious about right now is...

User Profile: Kate
Kate October 7th, 2018

One thing I'm anxious about right now is...

214
User Profile: BabblingSilence
BabblingSilence October 9th, 2018

...that I will lose my job because I tell the truth to people who don't want to hear it (I don't sugar coat everything) and because my mental health requires that I have a cap on the number of clients I see each day.

1 reply
User Profile: Pipimao
Pipimao October 10th, 2018

@BabblingSilence same u know what? My industry is having retrenchment and I regreted resigning but with no one whom can emphasize with me.

load more
User Profile: Lilibuth12
Lilibuth12 October 9th, 2018

Missing my Trauma family. Thinking of leaving because I just don't know what to do anymore. But if I left I would lose the small amount of support I have left.

1 reply
User Profile: InlandEmpireGirl
InlandEmpireGirl October 9th, 2018

@Lilibuth12

Don't give up! I understand more than most people, I'm always around!

load more
User Profile: wrongsizedshoe
wrongsizedshoe October 9th, 2018

i have a really big concert coming up and im so scared. School midterms and standardized tests are piling up too and im just really overwhelmed and lonely.

User Profile: lovingSky1173
lovingSky1173 October 9th, 2018

Being alone

User Profile: Kinderella123
Kinderella123 October 10th, 2018

being enough for anyone, and making my worst fears come true by worrying about them

User Profile: amnausea
amnausea October 10th, 2018

if i already ruined my life beyond repair

User Profile: RippedWings
RippedWings October 10th, 2018

The lack of time I have in this world.

User Profile: ReJiNe
ReJiNe October 10th, 2018

If i'll be able to live up to expectations :(

User Profile: plumDog4096
plumDog4096 October 10th, 2018

Selling my investment property

1 reply
User Profile: iKarl3y
iKarl3y October 11th, 2018

@plumDog4096 I completely understand... I worry about money ... in general

load more
User Profile: JanieRose
JanieRose October 10th, 2018

I think I have a bit of emotional PTSD due to some terrible experiences I've had in the past. I've come to realize that I have a habit of overstepping, stating my opinions/ideas when people don't want them. It's gotten me into a lot of trouble. Even though I mean well, and I just really appreciate creative collaboration (mostly, theatre) -- and as kind and respectful as I try to be -- my input is not always well received. As a result, I've hurt people and have been hurt. I even left theatre, my favorite thing in the whole world, for two years as a result.

Last night, while rehearsing a play for the first time since I've re-entered that world, I voiced my frustrations about some of the ways these rehearsals have been running. Now, I'm afraid I shouldn't have voiced my concerns, that I should have been less aggressive in my delivery, and that I shouldn't have said anything at all.

I lost my voice, my confidence, my assuredness that I've always had in theatre. I don't want to repeat mistakes, and I've been so careful this time around to not say aloud every single idea or frustration that pops in my head. But, I'm scared I just started the beginnings of another avalanche. I don't know if this anxiety is well-founded (before the "bad" experience, I had always felt comfortable sharing thoughts/ideas/concerns), or if what I'm feeling is strictly the lies that anxiety so often tells me. So, I'm spiraling. And I can't seem to get out on top of it.

Anyway, this is what I'm anxious about at the moment.

2 replies
User Profile: quietScarf8155
quietScarf8155 October 18th, 2018

@JanieRose I get it. I also feel that most times I could have been more diplomatic and would have gotten better results if I were. However, sometimes I talk before thinking things through and it has landed me in a lot of trouble as well. Sometimes I think of going silent completely, not voicing any opinions or anything. I feel like that right now. So, although I dont have any advice, I do understand where youre coming from and how you feel. Good luck.

1 reply
User Profile: JanieRose
JanieRose October 21st, 2018

@quietScarf8155

Thank you so much, quiet. The moment has definitely passed, and I (thankfully) was able to smooth things out with my fellow actor.

One thing I've learned (and am still learning and continue to learn), and something I would recommend: Please do not go silent. Your voice, your opinion, your feelings and thoughts -- they are valued and are OF value. <3 The right people will hear you, know you, and understand.

I'm with you, too. And you helped me a great deal. Thank you for opening up! It does feel so much better to know we're in the same boat.

load more
load more