Professional and I have co-morbid Mental Illnesses
I took the step in asking for help because my emotions became unmanageable at work. I was having multiple anxiety attacks a day. As I complete IOP, I get nervous thinking about returning to work. Yes, I have the natural fear of co-workers, but I fear judgment because I have had several public anxiety attacks. That will fade. I am worried that I have been off of work for mental health reasons, but I still have about 15 minimum reports to submit. I was instructed not to work per doctor and my supervisor expressed no working from home. However, I feel incompetent being away for 4-6 weeks and returning with less than 10 completed. I have been ignoring emails. I guess, what do you do when you are a health care professional who put their career on pause to ensure they were healthy? How do you accept that you are not working? How do you accept that you might need to ask for more help or stay longer to deal with multiple problems? I want to be well for the long run, not keep pushing through it.
@Embarrassed27 I'm sorry that you have been dealing with this. I don't work in healthcare but I know how guilty I feel when I take a moment for myself when I know other people are counting on me. As difficult as it is, I try to keep reminding myself that taking a break will be better for me and therefore my work in the long run. If I can be a little patient, it will be worth it. I realize that this was posted a while back. How has it been being back at work? Did the break help you with your own mental health and wellbeing?