So Much Anxiety--Can't Possibly Be Dealt With & Is Ongoing on and on
I have not been able to control it one bit. It is beyond extreme and I don't even know the words needed to properly describe how bad it really is on me. It does not go away. I am way too old to be having a new diagnosis or any kind
I can not control my emotions, obviously, I can not think straight, I can never relax, I can not calm down, I can not handle being around people one bit, I cant even handle myself, I am driving the man I live with crazy, I am constantyly worred about tons of things, I can not calm down and accomplish anything, and I have been trying to seek help to no avail. I'm very confused as to what this is all about, why it keeps going on, how to even help myself or anything. I just know this is so very extreme, so unlike me, and I just cannot keep going on like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've had to go back to even taking my benzodiazeprines, which I do not like to take and do without taking lots. I do not have any addicitions problems with myself, ever, with any addictive medication I have ever been on---even one very addictive medicine I was on for severe back pain for 20 years, until my successful back operation. I even had no issues coming off of it either. I am not in the least bit worried about addiction issues with my benzos, but, I do not want to rely on them to cope. I want to cope myself with good coping strategies. I do have C-PTSD, DID, GAD, and ADHD (but can not be treated for this due to my heart problems). So, I have many diagnosis that anti-anxiety meds are generally prescribed for. Still, I refuse to take them regularly and prefer to do without them and cope better ways on my own.
I just do not know what is so severly happening to me now, causing all this extreme things that I cannot deal with, or how I need to best go about dealing with them. I am at such a loss and getting no where!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@Amelia2324
Hi Amelia! Thank you so much for sharing this in the forum! It must've been hard for you to express your struggles to this forum where everyone can read it. Hence, why I really applaud you, this must've took a lot of courage. Anyways, from reading this post, I'm very sorry to hear about your extreme anxiety. It must've been so hard for you to deal with it on a regular basis, especially if it's so hard to control and that it does not go away. I can't imagine experiencing all the difficulties you've faced with dealing with this anxiety. I'd be struggling too if I were you. On the other hand, I'm really glad that you want to develop healthier alternative coping strategies besides taking anti-anxiety medication. It's really good that you would rather do that than being reliant on anti-anxiety medication, especially in the longterm. You seem to be a strong and reliant individual, having to go through all that!
I hope that in the near future, you'll be able to cope with your anxiety better and find the alternative healthier coping mechanisms you're looking for!
@kindFish9215
Thank you for taking your own time to reply. I appreciate your understanding of this. It means a lot that you also understand how I want to deal with this without relying on benzos and doing and using better coping skills. Thanks very much for everything. ![]()
@Amelia2324 there for you