Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Super anxious about work and finances

User Profile: passionateEast7024
passionateEast7024 November 7th, 2018

This is hard to type, but Im feeling like Im worth more dead than alive. Right now my job (sales and 100% commission) is not going well. Ive actually left the company before and came back 5 years ago. It is my home and I enjoy the people but I really cant handle the roller coaster of the business. Its eating at me especially when things are tough like they are now. On top of the stress of not making money our property taxes increased and my mortgage has increased by 700/mo. (It is already high). My wife works too, but her company is going through lay-offs so there is uncertainty there. All this stress and panic it makes it hard to get out of bed. I constantly feel like I am faking it and I feel like I cant do it anymore. Im at a breaking point. I think if I was in an accident or if I had a disease that killed me my family would be better off. I know that really horrible and I should be thankful for my health and that I have a family (and I am) but the cloud of debt is hovering above and the anxiety is so high. Im on anxiety meds, I do tapping but I need a quick fix. Please someone tell me Im not alone.

16
User Profile: courtesycostsnothing24
courtesycostsnothing24 July 4th, 2025

@passionateEast7024 First of all I want to say thank you for being so honest and open it takes immense courage to put these feelings into words, especially when they’re this heavy. You are not alone, and I’m really sorry you’re feeling this overwhelmed right now. Everything you described financial pressure, job instability, fear for the future those are massive weights to carry, and anyone in your position would feel deeply shaken.


What you're feeling isn’t weakness or failure. It’s the human reaction to being pushed to your limits, and it makes total sense that your mind is trying to find any way out of the pain. But please know this: our life matters far more than money ever could. Your family needs uou, not just what you earn. You’re not just a provider—you’re a person with worth, love, and presence that can’t be replaced.

This is a storm, and it feels endless right now, but storms do shift. Even if it’s one small step at a time talking to someone, adjusting your meds with a doctor, exploring support options those steps matter. You're already doing something incredibly brave by reaching out and saying, I need help. That is never something to be ashamed of.

You are not alone in this, and you don’t have to figure it all out by yourself. Keep talking. Keep reaching. The world needs you in it.

User Profile: Aari137
Aari137 July 24th, 2025

@passionateEast7024

Hey. You are not alone, and you are certainly not better off dead. I know things are hard right now, but it will get better. Trust me, it will. But for now, you will have to hold on. Not just for your family, but for yourself. The other side of this dreary time is going to be a pretty wonderful place.

User Profile: sunshinefun14651
sunshinefun14651 September 15th, 2025

 Hi, @passionateEast7024

I'm sorry that you're feeling that way, I have felt the same way at times myself, you're not alone in this world.