dating anxiety getting taken advantage off
I have been going out with a new girl for about 6 times.
I am 28 she is 20.
I have initiated all 6 times.
I always text first.
We having been hanging out weekly on Friday nights.
Usually from 7pm-1am
We have fun and are very touchy and kiss.
I tried to have sex but she said no because she is a virgin.
She always says yes to hanging out.
She always text back.
Sometimes when we are doing something she brings up other guys.
What brings me anxiety and depression is that she never initiates text. She never schedules dates.
In person if she thinks I get upset she will ask if I will stop talking to her in a worried manner.
She says she trust me and wants me to trust her.
Also we don’t text much, only to set up the date and then we wait.
When we do text she always responds with a sentence.
I dont want to get used just to pay for dinner and take her out.
I want to get something out of this. I feel like I am putting in all the effort. I would like her to reciprocate back. Or to have sex with her. I have a date scheduled on Thursday. I don’t know what to do or say.
@sensitiveBanana2234
If you are trying this hard and feel like she is taking advantage of you, you should confront her and ask her why she doesn't seem to be putting in the effort.
And if she makes you bad when mentioning other guys, you should ask her if she could change the topic, and explain she is making you feel uncomfortable.
I hope the date goes well, and I hope this was helpful!
@3quarterspotato thank you
@sensitiveBanana2234
No problem. I'll try to be here if you ever need to talk!
@3quarterspotato
ok spoke to her. she said that she was afraid to get into a relationship. that she had feeling from me a month ago but pushed them away. that she did that because she was afraid I wouldn't like her back. she also shared that her father is verbally abusive and tells her she doesn't matter. I over reacted to that and tried to force the relationship on her verbally. then she stormed off into her home. know I feel even more horrible.