I made someone uncomfortable and I don't know how to respond after that
Lets see, so I was talking to a guy from my school and at first we had fun. But after awhile I think I became more and more anxious and I started texting him more than I should. I didn't know what to say, and would try to make jokes or tease a little. Even though it hurt when he told me I'm glad he did, he said that I make him uncomfortable frequently and that he thinks I have a fixation on him. I told him that I have trouble reading social cues, sometimes I can't control my filter, and that I am a bit childish and need someone to outwardly say that I am bothering them for me to know. I'm not sure if that was the right way to go about this. Maybe I should have just said sorry, I do know one thing for sure though is that I need to give him space. I feel bad for making him feel that way.
I probably should have talked to him in person so I could tell his social cues more clearly. I'm definitely going to set rules for myself to follow to prevent this from happening in the future with anyone else. I'm just not sure what to do about this next school trip we are going on. I'll leave him alone until then, but what happens at the school trip? I don't want to embarass myself or him, so maybe I should just leave him be on the trip as well.
Hi @braveLand27 i am sorry for the situation you are going thriough. it is not always easy for everyone to communitate with people in the same way, we are all different. That being said, just give him some space and time to work things through in his head and i am sure when he is ready he will come and speak to you.
@braveLand27
After reading your post I would say leave it alone for now. Eventhough your attentions are good it might make things worse trying to explain things. It okay you didnt mean anything , things work themselves out just give time time. Good luck
@braveLand27 Hi! It is good that you are aware of what you feel you should change in order for people to understand your intentions better. I feel that it's awesome that you are setting boudaries as well. Try not to be so hard on yourself or blame yourself for anything, you are trying and that is a positive thing. Besides you did attempt to explain things to him and there may come a time where he really understands what you mean but try not to dwell on it.
Maybe when you go on the trip and he is there you could try just being yourself and let him initiate conversation if he wants to. Maybe that will make it less awkward for you both.
I hope this helps