Online school is the litteral downhill of my life :/
I'm in high school and online school hasn't been doing any good to me. On the 2nd day of school in my new academic year I had to leave class as soon as I joined because my teacher had been yelling at me to turn on my camera but I thought I was early to class and I wasn't dressed up appropriately (I had taken my laptop to the kitchen to make some coffee, and in my school we are supposed to sit in our work space) to turn on my camera. If we didn't we would get removed and we would have to get in contact with the IT department to get us back in the class.. I shut my laptop in a flash cuz I had gotten an immediate reaction of my anxiety attack. I haven't attended class the whole week after the incident and now it's a brand new week and I used this week as my window to get back into class thinking everyone forgot about me and I also have this important test I had to do. But because I haven't attended class the past week my teacher has been messaging my mom about it and I keep getting yelled at and keep losing their trust with me. They still keep messaging my mom at certain times and now they have more attention on me which triggers my attacks. I have social anxiety and I dont wanna talk a lot because everyone in my house can hear me but they cant hear the class cuz of my headphones and I dont like to turn on my camera because I'd like some privacy at times and not being monitored 24/7, in physical school my teachers wouldn't be able to keep an eye on every single student cuz of how big the class is but now it's all squeezed into a screen. I even have tiny panic attacks just by introducing myself to the new teachers and even answering simple questions. Now that I am finally letting it out I feel more at ease but I would really like some tips on how to overcome these as at this point my anxiety is not even at my control. Some of the ways I try to recollect my thoughts and calm down is by playing some music, lightly tapping myself in the middle of my collar bone using my fist, watching a tv series to get my overthinking self to focus on that than reality and some deep breaths. But I wont be able to do all these things during classes and that's what makes it all worse. Are there any other ways you use to help yourself overcome anxiety attacks? And also I would really appreciate on some tips to help me focus on things cuz due to my mental state I'm mentally and emotionally exhausted from paying attention to classes which gets me in trouble. Thank you for taking your time to read this <3 I would really appreciate all and any responses even if it's just a positive comment saying I got this or something cuz I feel like I've been telling myself way to much that its gotten into the fact that no one is supporting me. Writing this has helped me calm down more and I'm really thankful that I could share this with someone instead of bottling it up and screaming at myself in the bathroom mirror. Daily reminder: your appreciated, just some people have trouble expressing it out cuz they think you already have gotten tons of comments like that :) xoxo
I believe you'll definitely rid of the anxiety
Man i feel you i really hate online school. I dont think the teacher has the right to tell you to open your camera. But anywho you can always try to paint or cook food as a way to cope. I also like to do different hairstyles on my hair or dress up to forget about my stress. Try finding a favourite show, my show is the flash and it makes me feel like home and I also feel happy while watching it. You got this, I know you can do it. Dont worry about it
Hello! I'm with you in this matter. It is really unfortunate for us and sad how online classes can heavily affect the our mental health in a negative way instead of helping us learn and cope during these times. I've been through the same thing when the semester started. Now I can't even open my messaging accounts since I'm afraid that there would be school related messages and even opening our course site is such a hardwork for me. I've been having panic attacks by just opening my ipad and it was getting worse. I've stopped attending zoom classes and only pass my assessments for a few weeks now because I want to give my mental health a little more care. Back then, whenever I feel the attacks coming, I try to hum songs or count numbers (try the 1000-7 and so on thing). Sometimes I try to spell words too or draw random things on my notebook. Of course it didn't stop my anxiety attacks all the time but they sometimes help me calm down a bit and breathe so I can get a grip of myself again. If you have any pet in the house, it will also be a great help. I always have my dog beside me when I was still attending synchronous classes. I hope I helped a bit :)) Always remember that you are not alone in this! This too shall pass. Sending hugs 🤗