Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Social anxiety/family

User Profile: fearlessWalker2029
fearlessWalker2029 February 22nd, 2022

Today I feel like a horrible mom. I have social anxiety and due to this pandemic have also developed what I can only describe as agoraphobia. I can't leave my house, when I do my mom or my fiance has to be with me or the panic attacks start. I've tried to fight through it, but lately I have this constant anxiety my issues are hurting my kids (NOT physically). I'm so on edge all the time. I have to check multiple times a day my doors are locked, every noise outside scares me, I have 0 patience because my anxietys constantly peeked, and obviously we can't just go out to destress because I can't leave my house. I feel hopeless like they'd be better off without me.

5
User Profile: goodAlan4477
goodAlan4477 February 22nd, 2022

Very sorry to here this. I also suffer with panic attacks and I have health anxiety. I can relate to a lot of what you are saying I worry about having one often. When i feel one coming on I then do my breathing exercise and it doesn't seam to last as long as it normally would if I let it take over, I also do some yoga at home in the mornings that seams to help me relax and stretch. I hope you fined something that works for you,

User Profile: Eudaimonia99
Eudaimonia99 February 26th, 2022

@fearlessWalker2029

You seem to feel very sorry for your family and suffer from anxiety a lot.

You can help your family members understand the situation by communicating with them constantly. Remember that this is not your fault, and I believe your family also knows this since they are right by your side. If you are very worried about your kids, seeking help from a professional is also an option. Wish you feel better.


User Profile: KBeauty12
KBeauty12 March 10th, 2022

The feeling is a bit unbearable, have you tried breathing slower, with bigger breaths?.

I know the feeling of living in constant fear, the environment plays a contributing factor to it.

If looking at news alot triggers this, reduce the amount you are watching news.

I hope you at least have a balcony, it is good to get fresh air once a while.

Baby steps first.....