When the anxiety interferes with parts of life...
For a while, I've been trying to start my own business, having an interest in Real Estate Investing [REI]. I'd really like to hear if anyone else has had a go at trying this, as well.
Anyway, back in Dec of 2016, I decided I needed a change. I had been doing a few temp jobs, which, when ended, left me unemployed. These varied from doing insurance inspections, to setting up and breaking down a sort of carnival like event. So, I decided to get into bookkeeping. I had some accounting classes in HS and college [late 90s], and had done a little basic bookkeeping. There were lots of video tutorials, and though slow, I felt with enough time, probably a good "semester" worth of studying, I'd be a go.
Then, in mid-January, my wife's grandparents, who we're staying with, took me off the good internet, and stuck me on the satellite web, which is so pathetic, with maybe an average of 0.2 Mb download, and a 25GB limit, which meant that watching the training tutorials was impossible; I hadn't even had a chance, for example, to go over the Quick Books Online Videos, and nowhere close to the Pro and Advance Pro training. Plus, with the web being so slow, it would be impossible to work from home, as it can sometimes take 2 minutes, just to load a simple web page.
So, we went to visit my wife's mom (the daughter of the grand parents we're staying with, atm), and I've been going to the IT computer lab. For a bit, I was working on some of my bookkeeping classes, but then, I started some more work on the real estate investing small business. I had a few "almosts," and then, I started feeling all tense and anxious. I was looking back at the BK work, when I "had a talk with gramps." They were about as insulting as it can get. "Are you familiar with daily work, daily pay?" "Manpower?" "You may have to take a job you don't want." I'm in my 30s, and familiar with all of that. That's why I was wroking on the BK...until they screwed me out of it. What's really got me on edge is 2-fold: 1st, one of the last things gramps told me about was some news thing (which IDK if actually was) about a guy spending all his time online, so his wife took their kid, and divocred him. The NERVE to even bring that up to me is staggering, especially all the times I've helped them, between their church, to getting firewood for winter. Add to insult, they refer me to "useless" jobs, like working in a comic book shop--we live 20 - 30 miles north of the city, so a minimum wage job would mean all my money would go to the car, and paying them rent!
Plus, if that wasn't enough, there's the depressing of trying to start a business, and it's floundering, and lack of progress. So, instead of working on either my bookkeeping online classes, or the business (I did a few emails), I spent time on 7cups, reading, reading news articles, and gaming for about an hour.
Any others who have tried to start a business, while unemployed, and trying to go to school for work, at the same time, and dealing with a lot of unsupporting family? REI would be awesome, but any entreprenuers would be good to hear from!
@ozymonds It sounds tough! I'm not starting a business but I imagine that in of itself is alot of work and stress. I find that families sometimes have the right intentions but go about it the completely wrong way. And I also see that older generations don't always understand what is happening with jobs during our times. But it sounds like you're working really hard to get where you want to go. Don't let a few bad attitudes keep you from it!
When it comes to financial management, both businesses and individuals rely on accountants to ensure that their financial records are accurate and up-to-date. However, with so many accountants to choose from, it can be a challenge to determine which one is the best fit for your needs. This is where accountant reviews come in. These reviews provide valuable insights into the quality of service, professionalism and expertise of various accounting firms, helping you make an informed decision. By reading reviews of accountancy firms, you can gain a better understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of different firms, and ultimately choose the one that best aligns with your financial goals. Whether you're looking for a new accountant or just want to evaluate your current one, accountant reviews can be an invaluable resource.
https://www.abaksystem.com